Affiliation: Chalmers University of Technology
- Improved annotation through genome-scale metabolic modeling of Aspergillus oryzaeWanwipa Vongsangnak
Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
BMC Genomics 9:245. 2008..We enhanced the function assignment by our developed annotation strategy. The resulting better annotation was used to reconstruct the metabolic network leading to a genome scale metabolic model of A. oryzae...
- Uncovering transcriptional regulation of glycerol metabolism in Aspergilli through genome-wide gene expression data analysisMargarita Salazar
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, 412 96, Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Genet Genomics 282:571-86. 2009..cerevisiae. Our study clearly demonstrates that cross-species evolutionary comparisons among filamentous fungi, using comparative genomics and transcriptomics, are a powerful tool for uncovering regulatory systems...
- Whole genome sequencing of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: from genotype to phenotype for improved metabolic engineering applicationsJose Manuel Otero
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, SE 41296 Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Genomics 11:723. 2010..The exact genetic modification or resulting genotype that leads to the improved phenotype is often not identified or understood to enable further metabolic engineering...
- Revealing the beneficial effect of protease supplementation to high gravity beer fermentations using "-omics" techniquesMaya P Piddocke
Center for Microbial Biotechnology, Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
Microb Cell Fact 10:27. 2011....
- Genome-scale metabolic representation of Amycolatopsis balhimycinaWanwipa Vongsangnak
Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Biotechnol Bioeng 109:1798-807. 2012..balhimycina serves as a basis for physiological characterization. The model allows a rational design of engineering strategies for increasing balhimycin production in A. balhimycina and glycopeptide production in general...
- A trispecies Aspergillus microarray: comparative transcriptomics of three Aspergillus speciesMikael R Andersen
Center for Microbial Biotechnology, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4387-92. 2008..With this case example, we present a validated tool for transcriptome analysis of three Aspergillus species and a methodology for conducting cross-species evolutionary studies within a genus using comparative transcriptomics...