Affiliation: Central Hospital
- Ceasing routine use of nitrous oxide-a follow upM Enlund
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Central Hospital, SE 721 89 Västerås, Sweden
Br J Anaesth 90:686-8. 2003..The role of nitrous oxide in modern anaesthesia is questioned. The routine use of nitrous oxide was almost completely stopped in our department after November 1, 2000, and we now report some consequences...
- A new device to reduce the consumption of a halogenated anaesthetic agentM Enlund
University Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Samariterhemmets Sjukhus Uppsala, Sweden
Anaesthesia 56:429-32. 2001..2 (3.0) ml x MAC-hour(-1) with the new device (p < 0.05). This corresponded to a 40% saving in the consumption of isoflurane. The amount of isoflurane that was scavenged to the atmosphere was reduced by an average of 55%...
- Intraoperative awareness: detected by the structured Brice interview?M Enlund
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:345-9. 2002..As a part of a quality assurance program at our short-stay surgery all patients exposed to general anesthesia are routinely subjected to a Brice interview, which aims to evaluate our standard anesthetic technique regarding awareness...
- The sevoflurane saving capacity of a new anaesthetic agent conserving device compared with a low flow circle systemM Enlund
University Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:506-11. 2002..An anaesthetic agent conserving device (ACD) has been added to a Bain system to approach the agent-saving capacity of a low flow circle system...
- Population pharmacokinetics of sevoflurane in conjunction with the AnaConDa: toward target-controlled infusion of volatiles into the breathing systemM Enlund
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Central Hospital, Vasteras, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:553-60. 2008..We performed in vitro characterization of the device before developing a population pharmacokinetic model for sevoflurane administration with the AnaConDa, and retrospectively testing its performance (internal validation)...
- Post-operative atelectasis - a randomised trial investigating a ventilatory strategy and low oxygen fraction during recoveryL Edmark
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Västmanlands sjukhus Köping, Köping, Sweden Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Physiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 58:681-8. 2014....
- Oxygen concentration and characteristics of progressive atelectasis formation during anaesthesiaL Edmark
Departments of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Radiology, Central Hospital, Vasteras, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 55:75-81. 2011..atelectasis is a common consequence of pre-oxygenation with 100% oxygen during induction of anaesthesia. Lowering the oxygen level during pre-oxygenation reduces atelectasis. Whether this effect is maintained during anaesthesia is unknown...
- Unintentional hypotension from lidocaine infiltration during orthognathic surgery and general anaesthesiaM Enlund
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Centre for Clinical Research, Central Hospital, , Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:294-7. 2001..05, ANOVA). CONCLUSION: Lidocaine induced dose-dependent arterial hypotension when combined with a defined level of general anaesthesia. The causative mechanism is unclear...
- The Combitube for failed intubation--instructions for useM Enlund
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Samariterhemmets Sjukhus, Uppsala University, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:127-8. 2001..Then, normal routines might be forgotten. We illustrate that the Combitube instructions would be improved by including a recommendation of cuff pressure monitoring...
- Combitude and difficult intubationB Panning
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:339; author reply 339-40. 2002
- Cognitive dysfunction after minor surgery in the elderlyJ Canet
Department of Anesthesia, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 47:1204-10. 2003..Type of surgery and hospitalization may be important prognostic factors. The aims of the study were to find the incidence and risk factors for POCD in elderly patients undergoing minor surgery...
- Dose-dependent hypotension from epinephrine, or lidocaine, or both?M Enlund
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:894; author reply 894-5. 2006