- Untrained listeners' ratings of speech disorders in a group with cleft palate: a comparison with speech and language pathologists' ratingsKarin Brunnegård
Department of Clinical Science Speech and Language Pathology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Int J Lang Commun Disord 44:656-74. 2009..These types of studies can be used to determine whether children for whom speech and language pathologists recommend intervention have a significant speech deviance that is also detected by untrained listeners...
- Comparison between perceptual assessments of nasality and nasalance scoresKarin Brunnegård
Speech and Language Pathology, Department of Clinical Sciences, Umea University, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Lang Commun Disord 47:556-66. 2012..Differences between findings have been attributed to listener experience and types of speech stimuli...
- A cross-sectional study of speech in 10-year-old children with cleft palate: results and issues of rater reliabilityKarin Brunnegård
Umea University, Sweden
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 44:33-44. 2007..To describe speech based on perceptual evaluation in a group of 10-year-old children with cleft palate. A secondary aim was to investigate the reliability of speech-language pathologists' perceptual assessment of cleft palate speech...
- Normative data on nasalance scores for Swedish as measured on the Nasometer: influence of dialect, gender, and ageKarin Brunnegård
Department of Clinical Science, Division of Speech and Language Pathology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Clin Linguist Phon 23:58-69. 2009..888, p = .005). The results from this study have both clinical significance for Swedish SLPs working with resonance disorders, and theoretical significance for linguists studying features of dialects and languages...
- Optimizing stimulus length for clinical nasalance measures in SwedishJan Van Doorn
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Speech Language Pathology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Clin Linguist Phon 22:355-61. 2008....