- Dietary intake and resting energy expenditure in relation to weight loss in unselected cancer patientsI Bosaeus
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Int J Cancer 93:380-3. 2001..This may be the explanation behind cancer cachexia rather than a primary decrease in appetite...
- Dietary intake, resting energy expenditure, weight loss and survival in cancer patientsIngvar Bosaeus
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
J Nutr 132:3465S-3466S. 2002..Weight loss during follow-up predicted decreased survival. Energy intake increased slightly, also with great variation, and an increased energy intake predicted longer survival...
- Nutritional support in multimodal therapy for cancer cachexiaIngvar Bosaeus
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 413 45, Goteborg, Sweden
Support Care Cancer 16:447-51. 2008..Hypermetabolism and diminished energy intake due to anorexia may thus constitute a vicious circle in the development of cancer cachexia...
- Insufficient nutritional knowledge among health care workers?Morten Mowe
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Aker University Hospital, Trondheimsveien 155, 0514 Oslo, Norway
Clin Nutr 27:196-202. 2008..The aim of this questionnaire was to study doctors and nurses' self-reported knowledge in nutritional practice, with focus on ESPEN's guidelines in nutritional screening, assessment and treatment...
- Growth hormone (GH) therapy in GH-deficient adults influences the response to a dietary load of cholesterol and saturated fat in terms of cholesterol synthesis, but not serum low density lipoprotein cholesterol levelsM Leonsson
Research Center for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:1296-303. 1999..GH therapy did not have any major influence on the dietary effects on serum lipoprotein levels...
- Body mass index, weight change and mortality in the elderly. A 15 y longitudinal population study of 70 y oldsD K Dey
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 55:482-92. 2001..To examine the relationship between body mass index (BMI) at age 70, weight change between age 70 and 75, and 15 y mortality...
- Ten-year GH replacement increases bone mineral density in hypopituitary patients with adult onset GH deficiencyG Götherström
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Grona Straket 8, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 156:55-64. 2007..The results show that GH replacement induced a sustained increase in BMD at all the skeletal sites measured...
- Patients' subjective symptoms, quality of life and intake of food during the recovery period 3 and 12 months after upper gastrointestinal surgeryU Olsson
Institute of Health and Care Sciences, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 16:74-85. 2007....
- Serum leptin levels correlate with growth hormone secretion and body fat in childrenH Fors
International Pediatric Growth Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:3586-90. 1999..We have also shown that specific regional fat depots have different relationships with leptin and particular markers of GH secretion...
- Body composition estimated by bioelectrical impedance in the Swedish elderly. Development of population-based prediction equation and reference values of fat-free mass and body fat for 70- and 75-y oldsD K Dey
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Goteborg University, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:909-16. 2003..To develop a bioelectrical impedance (BIA) prediction equation for fat-free mass (FFM(BIA)) and present reference values of FFM and body fat (BF) for healthy Swedish elderly from population-based representative samples...
- Limitations in anthropometric calculations of total body water in patients on peritoneal dialysisA C Johansson
Department of Nephrology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:568-73. 2001..In contrast, BSA correlated closely to TBW in obese individuals. TBW as estimated by anthropometric formulas must be analyzed with caution, especially in the very obese or very lean patient...
- Body composition in patients with an ileostomy and inflammatory bowel disease: validation of bio-electric impedance spectroscopy (BIS)E Carlsson
Department of Surgery, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:680-6. 2002....
- Height and body weight in elderly adults: a 21-year population study on secular trends and related factors in 70-year-oldsD K Dey
Departments of Geriatric Medicine, Goteborg University, Sweden
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 56:M780-4. 2001..This study describes secular trends in three anthropometric measures (i.e., height, body weight [BW], and body mass index [BMI]) of 70-year-olds over a period of 21 years and their relation to social and lifestyle factors...
- A prospective study of 5 years of GH replacement therapy in GH-deficient adults: sustained effects on body composition, bone mass, and metabolic indicesG Götherström
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Grona Straket 8, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:4657-65. 2001..The effects on body composition and low density lipoprotein cholesterol were seen after 1 yr, whereas the effects on bone mass, triglycerides, and hemoglobin A(1c) were first observed after years of treatment...
- Body composition in young adult survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemiaM Jarfelt
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Haematology and Oncology, Göteborg Paediatric Growth Research Center, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 153:81-9. 2005..Obesity, particularly abdominal obesity, is one of the main characteristics of the metabolic syndrome and a risk factor for cardiovascular disease and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM)...
- Daily physical-rest activities in relation to nutritional state, metabolism, and quality of life in cancer patients with progressive cachexiaMarita Fouladiun
Surgical Metabolic Research Laboratory at Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 13:6379-85. 2007..To evaluate daily physical-rest activities in cancer patients losing weight in relation to disease progression...
- Effects of nutritional support long time after total gastrectomyLotta Copland
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Clin Nutr 26:605-13. 2007..Dietary counselling is usually individualized, but generally not well defined. We aimed to evaluate effects of individualized oral nutritional support long time after total gastrectomy...
- Supportive nutrition on recovery of metabolism, nutritional state, health-related quality of life, and exercise capacity after major surgery: a randomized studyAnders Hyltander
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Sahlgrenska University of Hospital, Goteborg University, Sweden
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:466-74. 2005....
- Body composition and time course changes in regional distribution of fat and lean tissue in unselected cancer patients on palliative care--correlations with food intake, metabolism, exercise capacity, and hormonesMarita Fouladiun
Surgical Metabolic Research Laboratory at Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Goteborg, Sweden
Cancer 103:2189-98. 2005....
- Evidence that long-term COX-treatment improves energy homeostasis and body composition in cancer patients with progressive cachexiaKent Lundholm
Surgical Metabolic Research Laboratory at Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Int J Oncol 24:505-12. 2004..0001). Our data support the concept that COX-treatment may offer beneficial metabolic effects to weight-losing cancer patients by attenuation of resting metabolism and improved appetite due to decreased systemic inflammation...
- Palliative nutritional intervention in addition to cyclooxygenase and erythropoietin treatment for patients with malignant disease: Effects on survival, metabolism, and functionKent Lundholm
Department of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Cancer 100:1967-77. 2004....
- Diet energy density and energy intake in palliative care cancer patientsOla Wallengren
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Bruna Straket 11, Plan 4, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Nutr 24:266-73. 2005..We studied energy density and energy intake in a group of palliative cancer patients and explored which method of energy density calculation that yielded the highest determination coefficient of energy intake...
- Nutritional routines and attitudes among doctors and nurses in Scandinavia: a questionnaire based surveyMorten Mowe
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Aker University Hospital, Trondheimsveien 155, 0514 Oslo, Norway
Clin Nutr 25:524-32. 2006..This study was conducted to investigate nutritional practice in different hospital settings in relation to these standards (e.g.: screening of all patients, assessment of at-risk patients) among Scandinavian doctors and nurses...
- Insulin treatment in cancer cachexia: effects on survival, metabolism, and physical functioningKent Lundholm
Department of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 13:2699-706. 2007..The present study was designed to evaluate whether daily insulin treatment for weight-losing cancer patients attenuates the progression of cancer cachexia and improves metabolism and physical functioning in palliative care...
- Altered postprandial glucose, insulin, leptin, and ghrelin in liver cirrhosis: correlations with energy intake and resting energy expenditureEvangelos Kalaitzakis
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 85:808-15. 2007..Liver cirrhosis is associated with reduced energy intake and increased resting energy expenditure...
- [Nutritional care in hospitals. Swedish hospitals do not manage to follow the European committee's guidelines]Ulla Johansson
Hudiksvalls sjukhus, centrum for kliniskforskning, Uppsala universitet, Gavle
Lakartidningen 103:1718-20, 1723-4. 2006
- Doctors and nurses on wards with greater access to clinical dietitians have better focus on clinical nutritionL Thoresen
Oncology Clinic, Trondheim University Hospital, Norway
J Hum Nutr Diet 21:239-47. 2008....