- How can we tell who is aware? Where does the veracity lie?Ann Bjorkdahl
Department of Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 21:812-8. 2012..The second aim was to explore how these results reflect the patient's awareness...
- Does a short period of rehabilitation in the home setting facilitate functioning after stroke? A randomized controlled trialAnn Bjorkdahl
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience Rehabilitation Medicine, Goteborg University, Guldhedsgatan 19, 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Rehabil 20:1038-49. 2006..To assess the effect of three weeks of rehabilitation in the home setting for younger patients with stroke with the aim of improving activity level...
- Can rehabilitation in the home setting reduce the burden of care for the next-of-kin of stroke victims?Ann Bjorkdahl
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Rehabilitation Medicine, Goteborg University, Sweden
J Rehabil Med 39:27-32. 2007..More evidence of the efficacy of caregiver interventions is needed. The aim of this study was to evaluate whether counselling in the home setting reduces the caregiver burden...
- Process skill rather than motor skill seems to be a predictor of costs for rehabilitation after a stroke in working age; a longitudinal study with a 1 year follow up post dischargeAnn Bjorkdahl
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology Rehabilitation Medicine, Goteborg University, Sweden
BMC Health Serv Res 7:209. 2007....
- Factors affecting participation after traumatic brain injuryJerry Larsson
Rehabilitation Medicine, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden E mail
J Rehabil Med 45:765-70. 2013..Motor deficits appear to have smaller significance for participation in this late state, while emotional and social factors play a major role. ..
- Sick leave after traumatic brain injury. The person or the diagnosis--which has greater impact?Jerry Larsson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 38:541-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to describe if and when a sample of traumatic brain injury (TBI) patients could finish their time of sick leave during a 4-year follow up and to explore which factors that influenced the time for sick leave...
- Virtual rehabilitation after strokeJurgen Broeren
Mednet, Institute of Biomedicine, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Stud Health Technol Inform 136:77-82. 2008..The general experience with the VR application approach suggests that this treatment concept is promising in stroke rehabilitation, with a wide range of applicability...
- Gothenburg very early supported discharge study (GOTVED) NCT01622205: a block randomized trial with superiority design of very early supported discharge for patients with strokeKatharina S Sunnerhagen
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Neurol 13:66. 2013..The aim is to investigate if very early supported discharge (VESD) for stroke patients in need for on-going individualised rehabilitation at home is useful for the patient and cost effective...
- The return to work after a neuropsychological programme and prognostic factors for successAnn Bjorkdahl
Bräcke Diakoni Foundation, Research Unit, Gothenburg, Sweden
Brain Inj 24:1061-9. 2010..The hypothesis was that as self-awareness was already addressed in the programme, severity of injury would have a greater impact on RTW...