Affiliation: Biomedical Centre
- Cytotoxic effects of cardiac glycosides in colon cancer cells, alone and in combination with standard chemotherapeutic drugsJenny Felth
Division of Pharmacognosy, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Box 574, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Nat Prod 72:1969-74. 2009....
- Gambogic acid is cytotoxic to cancer cells through inhibition of the ubiquitin-proteasome systemJenny Felth
Division of Pharmacognosy, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Invest New Drugs 31:587-98. 2013..In conclusion, our results show that GA and dihydro GA exert their cytotoxic activity through inhibition of the UPS, specifically by acting as inhibitors of the chymotrypsin activity of the 20S proteasome...
- Novel activity of acriflavine against colorectal cancer tumor cellsSaadia Hassan
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Cancer Sci 102:2206-13. 2011..Mechanistic studies indicated acriflavine to be a dual topoisomerase I and II inhibitor. In conclusion, the strategy used seems promising for identification of new diagnosis-specific cancer drugs...
- Ex vivo activity of cardiac glycosides in acute leukaemiaHelene Hallböök
Department of Haematology, University Hospital, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e15718. 2011..In addition, evidence of species differences of a magnitude sufficient to explain the results of many studies called for reconsideration of earlier results...
- Evaluation of toxicity and antitumor activity of cycloviolacin O2 in miceRobert Burman
Division of Pharmacognosy, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Biomedical Centre, Uppsala University, Box 574, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Biopolymers 94:626-34. 2010..5 mg/kg. Repeated dosing of 1 mg/kg gave a local-inflammatory reaction at the site of injection after 2-3 days; lower doses were without complications...
- Evaluation of the cyclooxygenase inhibiting effects of six major cannabinoids isolated from Cannabis sativaLucia Renee Ruhaak
Division of Pharmacognosy, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Biomedical Centre, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Biol Pharm Bull 34:774-8. 2011..Cannabinoids inhibited cyclooxygenase enzyme activity with IC₅₀ values ranging from 1.7·10⁻³ to 2.0·10⁻⁴ M...