- Formation of H2 and CH4 by weathering of olivine at temperatures between 30 and 70°CAnna Neubeck
Department of Geological Sciences, Stockholm University, Sweden
Geochem Trans 12:6. 2011..This may expand the range of environments plausible for abiotic CH4 formation both on Earth and on other terrestrial bodies...
- Methane emissions from Pantanal, South America, during the low water season: toward more comprehensive samplingDavid Bastviken
Department of Thematic Studies Water and Environmental Studies, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Environ Sci Technol 44:5450-5. 2010..Future measurements with static floating chambers should be based on many individual chambers distributed in the various subenvironments of a lake that may differ in emissions in order to account for the within lake variability...
- Freshwater methane emissions offset the continental carbon sinkDavid Bastviken
Department of Thematic Studies Water and Environmental Studies, Linkoping University, SE 58183 Linkoping, Sweden
Science 331:50. 2011..Thus, the continental GHG sink may be considerably overestimated, and freshwaters need to be recognized as important in the global carbon cycle...
- Measurement of methane oxidation in lakes: a comparison of methodsDavid Bastviken
Department of Water and Environmental Studies, Linkoping University, Sweden
Environ Sci Technol 36:3354-61. 2002..We conclude that methods using the stable isotope or mass balance modeling approach represent promising alternatives, particularly for studies focusing on ecosystem-scale carbon metabolism...
- Organic matter chlorination rates in different boreal soils: the role of soil organic matter contentMalin Gustavsson
Department of Thematic Studies, Water and Environmental Studies, Linkoping University, 58183 Linkoping, Sweden
Environ Sci Technol 46:1504-10. 2012....