- Effects of acrylamide, latrunculin, and nocodazole on intracellular transport and cytoskeletal organization in melanophoresSara Aspengren
Zoophysiology, Department of Zoology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 63:423-36. 2006..When combining morphological observations with qualitative and quantitative measurements of intracellular transport, melanophores provide a valuable model system for toxicological studies...
- Noradrenaline- and melatonin-mediated regulation of pigment aggregation in fish melanophoresSara Aspengren
Department of Zoology and Zoophysiology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Pigment Cell Res 16:59-64. 2003..Together with cyclic adenosine 3-phosphate-fluctuations, tyrosine phosphorylation functions as a switch signal for melanosome aggregation and dispersion in these cells...
- A role for spectrin in dynactin-dependent melanosome transport in Xenopus laevis melanophoresSara Aspengren
Department of Zoology, Zoophysiology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Pigment Cell Res 17:295-301. 2004....
- Studies of pigment transfer between Xenopus laevis melanophores and fibroblasts in vitro and in vivoSara Aspengren
Department of Zoology, Zoophysiology, Goteborg University, Box 463, 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Pigment Cell Res 19:136-45. 2006..Our results show that cultured frog melanophores can not only be used for studies of rapid colour change, but also as a model system for long-term colour changes and for studies of factors that affect pigmentation...
- The cytoskeleton in fish melanophore melanosome positioningHelen Nilsson Sköld
Department of Zoophysiology, Goteborg University, Sweden
Microsc Res Tech 58:464-9. 2002..Finally, recent data on melanosome-dependent organising of microtubules show that dynein is involved in nucleating microtubules extending from melanosome aggregates in melanophore fragments...
- Melanophores: a model system for neuronal transport and exocytosis?Sara Aspengren
Department of Zoology Zoophysiology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurosci Res 85:2591-600. 2007..In this review, we present an overview of the research on the pigment transport system and the potential use of pigment cells as a model system...