- Higher level phylogeny and evolutionary trends in Campanulaceae subfam. Lobelioideae: molecular signal overshadows morphologyAlexandre Antonelli
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Goteborg University, P O Box 461, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Phylogenet Evol 46:1-18. 2008..The main clades in the subfamily are outlined, which largely contradict previous classifications based on morphology...
- Mass extinction, gradual cooling, or rapid radiation? Reconstructing the spatiotemporal evolution of the ancient angiosperm genus Hedyosmum (Chloranthaceae) using empirical and simulated approachesAlexandre Antonelli
Gothenburg Botanical Garden, Carl Skottsbergs gata 22A, 41319 Göteborg, Sweden
Syst Biol 60:596-615. 2011..It also shows the difficulties of inferring patterns of lineage diversification when incomplete taxon sampling is combined with high extinction rates...
- Reassessing the temporal evolution of orchids with new fossils and a Bayesian relaxed clock, with implications for the diversification of the rare South American genus Hoffmannseggella (Orchidaceae: Epidendroideae)A Lovisa S Gustafsson
Gothenburg Botanical Garden, Carl Skottsbergs gata 22A, 413 19 Göteborg, Sweden
BMC Evol Biol 10:177. 2010..Epidendroideae), for which we present an almost complete phylogeny (40 out of 41 species sampled)...
- Have giant lobelias evolved several times independently? Life form shifts and historical biogeography of the cosmopolitan and highly diverse subfamily Lobelioideae (Campanulaceae)Alexandre Antonelli
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, University of Gothenburg, Box 461, 40530, Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Biol 7:82. 2009..Under this assumption these plants would have developed the giant habit from herbaceous ancestors independently, in much the same way as has been suggested for the giant senecios of Africa and the silversword alliance of Hawaii...
- The Peniophorella praetermissa species complex (Basidiomycota)Nils Hallenberg
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Goteborg University, Box 461, S 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Mycol Res 111:1366-76. 2007..However, the geographically most widespread clade with many representatives from both hemispheres is here referred to as P. pertenuis, a taxon that was previously considered a synonym to P. praetermissa...
- Tracing the impact of the Andean uplift on Neotropical plant evolutionAlexandre Antonelli
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, University of Gothenburg, Box 461, 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9749-54. 2009..Here, we provide evidence of these events in plants...