- Breast conservation surgery, with and without radiotherapy, in women with lymph node-negative breast cancer: a randomised clinical trial in a population with access to public mammography screeningP Malmstrom
Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, S 221 85, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 39:1690-7. 2003..Such a recurrence rate has been considered as unacceptably high, but is, however, in the same range as that reported after lumpectomy and postoperative radiotherapy in published series...
- Summer work and injury among middle school students, aged 10-14 yearsK M Zierold
University of South Carolina, Arnold School of Public Health, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Occup Environ Med 61:518-22. 2004..Little information exists on injury and factors associated with injury in working youth aged 10-14 years. Most studies do not involve children younger than 15...
- High leucovorin doses during high-dose methotrexate treatment may reduce the cure rate in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaT V Ch Skärby
Department of Pediatrics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Leukemia 20:1955-62. 2006..The choice of MTX and LV doses may be regarded as an intricate balance between effect and counter-effect...
- Familial breast and ovarian cancer: a Swedish population-based register studyH Anderson
Department of Cancer Epidemiology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Am J Epidemiol 152:1154-63. 2000..The authors developed a variance estimator for the standardized morbidity ratio to cope with overdispersion due to dependency within families...
- Methodological aspects of flow cytometry DNA analysis in endometrial carcinoma, with special reference to sampling and reproducibilityT E Gudmundsson
Department of Oncology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Oncol 35:999-1006. 1996....
- Gender and time differences in initial location and histological grade of non-Hodgkin's lymphomas in Southern SwedenL Brandt
Department of Oncology, Southern Swedish Regional Tumour Registry, University Hospital, Lund
Acta Oncol 40:479-84. 2001..Epidemiologic studies where both malignancy grade and initial lymphoma locations are taken into account may be helpful in defining risk factors...
- Blood transfusion at delivery and risk of subsequent malignant lymphoma in the motherH Anderson
Southern Swedish Regional Tumour Registry, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Vox Sang 75:145-8. 1998..Blood transfusion has been shown to be a risk factor for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Second malignant neoplasms after cancer in childhood and adolescence: a population-based case-control study in the 5 Nordic countries. The Nordic Society for Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. The Association of the Nordic Cancer RegistriesS Garwicz
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Int J Cancer 88:672-8. 2000..Chemotherapy appeared to play only an accessory role during the study period, potentiating the carcinogenic effect of radiotherapy...
- Familial risk of tumors associated with hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer: a Swedish population-based studyK Ericson
Dept of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:1259-65. 2004....
- HABITS (hormonal replacement therapy after breast cancer--is it safe?), a randomised comparison: trial stoppedL Holmberg
Regional Oncologic Centre, University Hospital, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Lancet 363:453-5. 2004..We decided that these findings indicated an unacceptable risk for women exposed to HRT in the HABITS trial, and the trial was terminated on Dec 17, 2003...
- Cancer prevalence in Northern Europe: the EUROPREVAL studyT Moller
Department of Cancer Epidemiology, Lund University, and Regional Tumour Registry, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Ann Oncol 14:946-57. 2003..In order to obtain such data in a comparable way a systematic evaluation of cancer prevalence in Europe was undertaken within the EUROPREVAL project...
- Blood transfusion as a risk factor for non-Hodgkin lymphomaL Brandt
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Br J Cancer 73:1148-51. 1996..27 (95% CI 1.30-8.24). It is concluded that blood transfusion may be a risk factor for NHLs especially those of B-CLL or immunocytoma type and for high-grade extranodal lymphoma...
- Are cellular polarisation and mitotic frequency prognostic factors for local recurrence in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast?I Idvall
Department of Pathology and Cytology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 39:1704-10. 2003..However, when nuclear grade was included in the multivariate analyses (with or without the growth pattern), neither cellular polarisation nor the mitotic frequency were of any independent prognostic value...
- The prognostic information of DNA ploidy and S-phase fraction may vary with histologic grade in endometrial carcinomaT E Gudmundsson
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Oncol 34:803-12. 1995..Thus, DNA ploidy and SPF have different prognostic values depending on histological grade of endometrial carcinoma...
- Carcinoma of the parotid and submandibular glands--a study of survival in 2465 patientsPeter Wahlberg
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital, S 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Oral Oncol 38:706-13. 2002..Age and gender had an impact on relative survival for patients with mucoepidermoid carcinoma, adenocarcinoma and undifferentiated cancer of the parotid...
- Modified de Gramont with oxaliplatin in the first-line treatment of advanced colorectal cancerM S Braun
Cancer Research UK Centre in Leeds, Cookridge Hospital, Leeds LS16 6QB, UK
Br J Cancer 89:1155-8. 2003..3 months and overall survival was 14.5 months. This regimen is more convenient than those based around the conventional de Gramont regimen but is highly active and well tolerated; it forms part of a current UK MRC phase 3 trial...
- Radiation dose as a risk factor for malignant melanoma following childhood cancerS Guerin
National Institute of Public Health and Medical Research INSERM XR521, IGR, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Cedex, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 39:2379-86. 2003..In conclusion, radiotherapy may contribute to an increased risk of melanoma as a SMN, but only at very high doses of low linear energy transfer radiation. Common genetic origins between gonadal tumours and malignant melanomas are likely...
- The concerns of patients under palliative care and a heart failure clinic are not being metH Anderson
Department of Clinical Audit and Quality Assurance, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Palliat Med 15:279-86. 2001..We plan to target specific educational events on the treatment of physical problems, psychological assessment and social service provision...