Hinda J Ahmed
- Etiology of genital ulcer disease and association with human immunodeficiency virus infection in two tanzanian citiesHinda J Ahmed
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Sex Transm Dis 30:114-9. 2003..GUD increases the risk of infection with HIV. However, the association between specific GUD infections and HIV infection has not been fully investigated...
- Toxicity and immunogenicity of purified Haemophilus ducreyi cytolethal distending toxin in a rabbit modelCatharina Wising
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Goteborg, S 413 46, Goteborg, Sweden
Microb Pathog 33:49-62. 2002..HdCDT causes dose-dependent pathologic skin reactions in both naive and immune rabbits, which is characterized by increased inflammatory responsiveness after each immunization...
- Interactions of Haemophilus ducreyi and purified cytolethal distending toxin with human monocyte-derived dendritic cells, macrophages and CD4+ T cellsTingting Xu
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Goteborg, Medicinaregatan 7 A, S 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Microbes Infect 6:1171-81. 2004..influenzae. HdCDT-treated APCs did not display cytokine responses or T-cell proliferation. These results indicate that HdCDT intoxication, which results in progressive apoptosis of APCs, may hamper early stage immune responses...
- In vitro and in vivo interactions of Haemophilus ducreyi with host phagocytesHinda J Ahmed
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Goteborg, S 413 46 Goteborg, Sweden
Infect Immun 70:899-908. 2002..Since granulocytes play a major role in the innate defense against H. ducreyi infection in vivo, bacterial resistance to phagocytosis probably plays a crucial role in the pathogenesis of chancroid...
- Specificity of antibodies directed against the cytolethal distending toxin of Haemophilus ducreyi in patients with chancroidJudica Mbwana
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Microb Pathog 35:133-7. 2003..g. periodontitis), they may not be specific markers for chancroid infection...