- A 2-year follow-up of orphans' competence, socioemotional problems and post-traumatic stress symptoms in traditional foster care and orphanages in Iraqi KurdistanA Ahmad
Department of Neuroscience, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Child Care Health Dev 31:203-15. 2005..This paper aims to compare orphans' development in two different care systems...
- Traumatic experiences and post-traumatic stress reactions in children from Kurdistan and SwedenV Sundelin-Wahlsten
Department of Neuroscience, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 90:563-8. 2001..The refugee children's stay in Sweden can be considered as a healing factor...
- Traumatic experiences and posttraumatic stress reactions in children and their parents from Kurdistan and SwedenV Sundelin Wahlsten
Department of Neuroscience, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Uppsala University Hospital, SE-750 17 Uppsala, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 55:395-400. 2001..Children from the two samples showed more similarities than differences with regard to reported trauma and PTSD-related symptoms. These results underline the significance of child-specific factors in trauma and PTSD...
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in PakistanM A Rabbani
Department of Medicine, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Lupus 13:820-5. 2004..It has shown that the clinical characteristics of SLE patients in this country may be different to those of its neighbors...
- Trends in adult renal replacement therapy in the UK: 1982-2002T G Feest
Richard Bright Renal Unit, Southmead Hospital, Southmead Road, Bristol BS10 5NB, UK
QJM 98:21-8. 2005..Following the introduction of dialysis and transplantation for the treatment of established renal failure (ERF) 40 years ago, the UK failed to match the achievements of many other countries...
- Posttraumatic stress among children in KurdistanA Ahmad
Department of Child Mental Health, College of Medicine, University of Dohuk, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Acta Paediatr 97:884-8. 2008..To identify a posttraumatic stress disorder profile for the Child Behaviour Checklist...