- Morphologic and biochemical characterization of brain injury in a model of controlled blast overpressure exposure
Stanislav I Svetlov
Center of Innovative Research, Banyan Biomarkers, Inc, Alachua, Florida 32615, USA
J Trauma 69:795-804. 2010
..Here, we present a comprehensive model, with repeatable blast signatures of controlled duration, peak pressure, and transmitted impulse, accurately reproducing blast impact in laboratory animals...
- Biomarkers of blast-induced neurotrauma: profiling molecular and cellular mechanisms of blast brain injury
Stanislav I Svetlov
Center of Innovative Research, Banyan Biomarkers, Inc 12085 Research Drive, Alachua, FL 32615, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:913-21. 2009
..These biomarkers will be effective for triaging and managing both combat and civilian casualities...
- Impact of moderate blast exposures on thrombin biomarkers assessed by calibrated automated thrombography in rats
1 Banyan Laboratories, Inc, Alachua, Florida
J Neurotrauma 30:1881-7. 2013
..In summary, CAT may have a clinical diagnostic utility in combination with selected set of microvascular/inflammatory biomarkers in patients subjected to low/moderate level blast exposures...
- Inhibition of LPS toxicity by hepatic argininosuccinate synthase (ASS): novel roles for ASS in innate immune responses to bacterial infection
Center of Innovative Research, Banyan Biomarkers, Inc, Alachua, FL 32615, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 11:1180-8. 2011
..These results suggest that the endogenous ASS constitutes a novel liver-derived component of the innate immune response to bacterial LPS, and that recombinant ASS could mitigate the lethal effects of bacterial endotoxins during sepsis...
- Calpain and caspase processing of caspase-12 contribute to the ER stress-induced cell death pathway in differentiated PC12 cells
Juan A Martinez
Center of Innovative Research, Banyan Biomarkers Inc, 12085 Research Drive, Alachua, FL 32615, USA
Apoptosis 15:1480-93. 2010
..ER-stress-induced cell death pathway in TG-treated PC12 cells was characterized by up-regulation of GRP-78 and processing and activation of caspase-12 by the orchestrated proteolytic activity of calpain-2 and caspase-3/7...