Affiliation: Institute of molecular genetics RAS
Location: Moscow, Russia
Human molecular genetics, cancer gene therapy, transcription regulation
- Mamedov I, Batrak A, Buzdin A, Arzumanyan E, Lebedev Y, Sverdlov E. Genome-wide comparison of differences in the integration sites of interspersed repeats between closely related genomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:e71 pubmed
- Domansky A, Kopantzev E, Snezhkov E, Lebedev Y, Leib Mösch C, Sverdlov E. Solitary HERV-K LTRs possess bi-directional promoter activity and contain a negative regulatory element in the U5 region. FEBS Lett. 2000;472:191-5 pubmed..Our results indicate also that all-trans-retinoic acid is capable of modulating expression of the reporter gene directed by a HERV-K LTR in NT2/D1 cells. ..
- Sverdlov E. Retroviruses and primate evolution. Bioessays. 2000;22:161-71 pubmed..BioEssays 22:161-171, 2000. ..
- Akopyants N, Fradkov A, Diatchenko L, Hill J, Siebert P, Lukyanov S, et al. PCR-based subtractive hybridization and differences in gene content among strains of Helicobacter pylori. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:13108-13 pubmed..The search for polymorphic DNAs, as described here, should help identify previously unknown virulence genes in pathogens and provide new insights into microbial genetic diversity and evolution. ..
- Sverdlov E. Perpetually mobile footprints of ancient infections in human genome. FEBS Lett. 1998;428:1-6 pubmed..This review describes the integration specificity and distribution of the HERVs and LTRs in the human genome and discusses possible functional consequences of their integration in the vicinity of genes. ..
- Chernov I, Timchenko K, Akopov S, Nikolaev L, Sverdlov E. Identification of tissue-specific DNA-protein binding sites by means of two-dimensional electrophoretic mobility shift assay display. Anal Biochem. 2007;364:60-6 pubmed..Most often, PTS-protein complexes were formed in all cases, but they were different for different nuclear extracts used. ..
- Kopantzev E, Vayshlya N, Kopantseva M, Egorov V, Pikunov M, Zinovyeva M, et al. Cellular and molecular phenotypes of proliferating stromal cells from human carcinomas. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:1533-40 pubmed publisher..Epithelial-mesenchymal transition may lead to the emergence of transdifferentiated fibroblast-like cells in tumour stroma and in the tumour-surrounding tissue. ..
- Zinovyeva M, Monastyrskaya G, Kopantzev E, Vinogradova T, Kostina M, Sass A, et al. Identification of some human genes oppositely regulated during esophageal squamous cell carcinoma formation and human embryonic esophagus development. Dis Esophagus. 2010;23:260-70 pubmed publisher..This tumor 'embryonization' supports the idea that stem or progenitor cells are implicated in esophageal cancer emergence. ..
- Pleshkan V, Vinogradova T, Sverdlov E. Methylation of the prominin 1 TATA-less main promoters and tissue specificity of their transcript content. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1779:599-605 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we report an unusual instance of different mechanisms of transcription activity regulation for two closely located promoters of the same gene. ..
- Kopantzev E, Monastyrskaya G, Vinogradova T, Zinovyeva M, Kostina M, Filyukova O, et al. Differences in gene expression levels between early and later stages of human lung development are opposite to those between normal lung tissue and non-small lung cell carcinoma. Lung Cancer. 2008;62:23-34 pubmed publisher..In surgical samples of NSCLC, these genes were down-regulated as compared to surrounding normal tissues and normal lungs, thus demonstrating opposite expression profiles for the genes up-regulated during fetal lung development. ..
- Gurskaya N, Diatchenko L, Chenchik A, Siebert P, Khaspekov G, Lukyanov K, et al. Equalizing cDNA subtraction based on selective suppression of polymerase chain reaction: cloning of Jurkat cell transcripts induced by phytohemaglutinin and phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate. Anal Biochem. 1996;240:90-7 pubmed..Six novel up-regulated sequences belonging to a low-abundance class of transcripts have been obtained. ..
- Akopov S, Ruda V, Batrak V, Vetchinova A, Chernov I, Nikolaev L, et al. Identification, genome mapping, and CTCF binding of potential insulators within the FXYD5-COX7A1 locus of human chromosome 19q13.12. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:1042-9 pubmed..We believe that the proposed approach could be a useful instrument for functional analysis of genomes. ..
- Mamedov I, Arzumanyan E, Amosova A, Lebedev Y, Sverdlov E. Whole-genome experimental identification of insertion/deletion polymorphisms of interspersed repeats by a new general approach. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:e16 pubmed..The proposed method does not depend on preliminary knowledge of evolutionary history of retroelements and can be applied for identification of insertion/deletion polymorphic markers in genomes of different species. ..
- Sverdlov E. Multidimensional Complexity of Cancer. Simple Solutions Are Needed. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2016;81:731-8 pubmed publisher..This leads to the idea that one of the most promising strategies for fighting cancer is the use of the patient's immune system. ..