- The anesthetic management of a patient with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Anesth Analg 91:1029-31, table of contents. 2000
..Specific strategies to be applied in the perioperative period to prevent hemolytic episodes and venous thrombosis are also discussed...
- Effect of prophylactic ondansetron on postoperative nausea and vomiting after elective craniotomy
Department of Neuroanesthesia, All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS, New Delhi, India
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 13:207-12. 2001
..5). Side effects were similar in both groups. We conclude that ondansetron 4 mg given at the time of dural closure is safe and effective in preventing emetic episodes after elective craniotomy in adult patients...
- Anesthetic management of patients with Takayasu's arteritis: a case series and review
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
Anesth Analg 93:60-5. 2001
..We present our experience in this series of eight patients for various emergency and elective surgical procedures and review their perioperative problems and management...
- Ketamine as adjuvant analgesic to opioids: a quantitative and qualitative systematic review
Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care and Pain Management, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Anesth Analg 99:482-95, table of contents. 2004
..Five of 8 trials with epidural ketamine showed beneficial effects. Adverse effects were not increased with small dose ketamine. We conclude that small dose ketamine is a safe and useful adjuvant to standard practice opioid-analgesia...
- Propofol combined with lorazepam for severe poly substance misuse and withdrawal states in intensive care unit: a case series and review
Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Emerg Med J 21:632-4. 2004
..Lorazepam alone was not effective in massive doses in these cases. The advantages and mechanism of action of using multiple agents to control refractory symptoms is discussed...
- Intra- and postoperative very low dose intravenous ketamine infusion does not increase pain relief after major spine surgery in patients with preoperative narcotic analgesic intake
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Pain Med 12:1276-83. 2011
..This study aims to demonstrate the analgesic efficacy and opioid-sparing effect of low dose ketamine in patients with preoperative narcotic intake undergoing major spine surgery...
- Mechanical circulatory support for cardiogenic shock
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 26:131-46. 2012
..In this review, we discuss the role of each of these circulatory support devices in the management of acute cardiac failure...
- Combination of droperidol and ondansetron reduces PONV after pediatric strabismus surgery more than single drug therapy
Department of Anaesthesia, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:756-60. 2001
- Heart failure and mechanical circulatory support
Stephen Andrew Esper
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 26:91-104. 2012
..In this review, we also address the indications and contraindications for mechanical circulatory assistance, types and spectrum of available ventricular assist devices, efficacy, safety and cost analysis of circulatory support therapy...
- Combined general and epidural anesthesia for a child with alagille syndrome: a case report
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 14:787-91. 2004
..We describe the perioperative management of a pediatric patient with Alagille syndrome undergoing ileal exclusion and the specific issues associated with epidural anesthesia with this syndrome...