- Inhibition of viruses by RNA interference
Virology Division, Kimron Veterinary Institute, 12, 50250, Beit Dagan, Israel
Virus Genes 32:299-306. 2006
..This review will describe the use of RNAi to inhibit virus replication directly, as well as through the silencing of the appropriate cell functions...
- The use of lumpy skin disease virus genome termini for detection and phylogenetic analysis
Virology Division, Kimron Veterinary Institute, P O Box 12, Bet Dagan, 50250, Israel
J Virol Methods 151:225-9. 2008
- Multiple invasions of O1 FMDV serotype into Israel revealed by genetic analysis of VP1 genes of Israeli's isolates from 1989 to 2007
Virology Division, Kimron Veterinary Institute, P O Box 12, Bet Dagan 50250, Israel
Vet Microbiol 147:398-402. 2011
..Based on this approach, it was revealed that the 2002 outbreak was originated by viruses that circulated in the Arabian peninsula in 1997-1998...
- Use of sperm plasmid DNA lipofection combined with REMI (restriction enzyme-mediated insertion) for production of transgenic chickens expressing eGFP (enhanced green fluorescent protein) or human follicle-stimulating hormone
Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Kimron Veterinary Institute, Bet Dagan, Israel
Biol Reprod 80:1046-52. 2009
..Data demonstrate that lipofection of plasmid DNA with restriction enzyme is a highly efficient method for the production of transfected sperm to produce transgenic offspring by direct artificial insemination...
- Inhibition of foot-and-mouth disease virus replication by small interfering RNA
Virology Division, Kimron Veterinary Institute, PO Box 12, Beit-Dagan 50250, Israel
J Gen Virol 85:3213-7. 2004
..When viral titres were examined, 100 % inhibition of growth could be demonstrated in cells transfected with a mixture of all three anti-FMDV siRNAs, compared with control cells transfected with anti-LacZ siRNA...
- A real-time RT-quantative(q)PCR for the detection of bovine ephemeral fever virus
Virology Division, Kimron Veterinary Institute, P O Box 12, Beit Dagan 50250, Israel
J Virol Methods 130:1-6. 2005
..By using this system it was shown that as few as 10-100 copies of a viral genome could be detected...
- Phylogenetic relationships of West Nile viruses isolated from birds and horses in Israel from 1997 to 2001
Kimron Veterinary Institute, Belt Dagan, Israel
Virus Genes 26:135-41. 2003
..These closely resembled the most recent Old World isolates, and indicate that at least two WN genotypes were co-circulating in the region during this time...
- Highly effective inhibition of Akabane virus replication by siRNA genes
Molecular Virology Department, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Virus Res 120:121-7. 2006
..When cells were transfected with all three genes together the inhibition levels were increased and reached almost 100%...