- A long-term survivorship comparison between cemented and uncemented cups with shelf grafts in revision total hip arthroplasty after dysplasia
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Arthroplasty 28:303-8. 2013
..Log rank analysis showed this difference to be significant (P = .0077). Uncemented acetabular cups performed significantly better than cemented cups...
- The benefit of revision knee arthroplasty for component malrotation after primary total knee replacement
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Ave Suite 476A, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
Int Orthop 36:2473-8. 2012
..The purpose of this study was to assess the benefit of revision TKA for component malrotation with regard to the clinical and functional outcomes...
- Segmental proximal femoral bone loss and revision total hip replacement in patients with developmental dysplasia of the hip: the role of allograft prosthesis composite
Mount Sinai Hospital, Division of Arthroplasty, 600 University Avenue, Suite 476A, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:762-7. 2012
..An allograft prosthetic composite affords a good long-term outcome in the management of proximal femoral bone loss in revision THR in patients with DDH, while preserving distal host bone...
- Porous metal revision shells for management of contained acetabular bone defects at a mean follow-up of six years: a comparison between up to 50% bleeding host bone contact and more than 50% contact
Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, 600 University Ave, Suite 476A, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:158-62. 2012
..This favourable outcome might be due to the improved initial stability achieved by a high coefficient of friction between the acetabular implant and the host bone, and the high porosity, which affords good bone ingrowth...
- 'Telangiectatic' transformation in soft tissue sarcomas. a clinicopathology analysis of an aggressive feature of high-grade sarcomas
Department of Orthopedic Oncology, Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:345-54. 2008
..Telangiectatic' change, which contains a large fluid hemorrhagic component, occurs in a variety of high-grade soft tissue sarcomas...
- Space sarcomas: extra compartmental soft tissue tumors of the lower extremities a systematic approach to sarcomas of the femoral triangle, sartorial canal, and popliteal space
Department of Orthopedic Oncology, Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Surg Oncol 99:281-91. 2009
..Extra-compartmental soft tissue sarcomas may grow in virtual spaces in close proximity to major neurovascular structures and thus, require a complex resection. We analyzed the general principles by which these resections are planned...
- Is arthroplasty immediately after an infected case a risk factor for infection?
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 471:2253-8. 2013
..It is common practice in many centers to avoid performing a clean case in a room in which an infected procedure has just taken place. No studies of which we are aware speak to the necessity of this precaution...
- Proximal femoral allograft in revision hip surgery with severe femoral bone loss: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Benedict A Rogers
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Arthroplasty 27:829-36.e1. 2012
..Significant heterogeneity was observed in structural failure rates (I(2) = 47.9, τ(2) = 0.29, P < .05). Proximal femoral allografts afford viable reconstruction for massive femoral bone loss when performed by experienced...
- Wound healing problems in total knee arthroplasty
Mount Sinai Hospital, Room 476, 600 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
Orthopedics 34:e516-8. 2011
..Meticulous attention to detail during surgery and aggressive surgical treatment of wound complications can be the difference in saving the knee...
- Distal femoral varus osteotomy: unloading the lateral compartment: long-term follow-up of 45 medial closing wedge osteotomies
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Orthopedics 34:e488-90. 2011
..It may be indicated in the young, high activity demand, and overweight patient. By 20 years after the osteotomy most patients require conversion to TKA...