Affiliation: STERIS Laboratory
- Studies on the decontamination of surfaces exposed to cytotoxic drugs in chemotherapy workstationsSarah Roberts
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Bath, UK
J Oncol Pharm Pract 12:95-104. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine the removal and deactivation of cytotoxic contamination from surfaces of a pharmaceutical isolator workstation...
- Antiseptics and disinfectants: activity, action, and resistanceG McDonnell
STERIS Corporation, St Louis Operations, St Louis, Missouri 63166, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 12:147-79. 1999..Known mechanisms of microbial resistance (both intrinsic and acquired) to biocides are reviewed, with emphasis on the clinical implications of these reports...
- Clinical correlation of a skin antisepsis modelG McDonnell
STERIS Corporation, St Louis Operations, St Louis, MO 63166 0147, USA
J Microbiol Methods 35:31-5. 1999..Results suggest that this model can be used as a reliable indicator of antiseptic efficacy on the skin. The use of sterilized skin simplifies the use of this model for both efficacy and skin-pathogen interaction studies...
- The challenge of prion decontaminationGerald McDonnell
Steris, Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 36:1152-4. 2003
- Alternative AOAC sporicidal test carrier for evaluating peracetic acid-based sterilants (modification of AOAC official method 966.04)Gerald McDonnell
STERIS Corp, 5960 Heisley Rd, Mentor, OH 44060 1834, USA
J AOAC Int 86:407-11. 2003..quot;..
- Prion disease transmission: can we apply standard precautions to prevent or reduce risks?Gerald McDonnell
STERIS Limited, Jay s Close, Viables, Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
J Perioper Pract 18:298-304. 2008....
- Disinfection: is it time to reconsider Spaulding?G McDonnell
STERIS Limited, Basingstoke, UK
J Hosp Infect 78:163-70. 2011..These reports should encourage the reader to challenge current dogma, and reconsider the expectations of disinfection and sterilization practices...
- Investigations of a prion infectivity assay to evaluate methods of decontaminationGuillaume Fichet
STERIS Laboratory, CEA DSV IMETI SEPIA, Fontenay aux Roses, France
J Microbiol Methods 70:511-8. 2007..The in vivo scrapie method described is proposed as a standard to evaluate existing and developing prion decontamination technologies...
- Novel methods for disinfection of prion-contaminated medical devicesGuillaume Fichet
CEA DSV DRM GIDTIP, Route du Panorama, 92265 Fontenay aux Roses, France
Lancet 364:521-6. 2004..In view of the widespread tissue distribution of the variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease agent in human beings, new practicable decontamination procedures are urgently needed...