- Housing status as an independent predictor of functional capacity in patients with schizophrenia
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:854-60. 2011
..This finding highlights the importance of neuropsychological screening and interventions that promote housing stability for patients with schizophrenia...
- Moving from rhetoric to reality: adapting Housing First for homeless individuals with mental illness from ethno-racial groups
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St, Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1 W8, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 12:345. 2012
..This paper presents the findings of an early implementation and fidelity evaluation of the HF ER-ICM program, supplemented by participant narrative interviews to inform our understanding of the HF ER-ICM program theory...
- Teaching and learning the physician manager role: psychiatry residents' perspectives
University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Teach 32:e308-14. 2010
- Evaluating psychiatry residents as physician-managers: development of an assessment tool
Dept of Psychiatry, University of Toronto the Dept of Psychiatry, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 37:11-7. 2013
..The aim of this study was to determine psychiatry residents', program directors', and PM educators' perceptions about PM role-assessment...
- Residents' perceived physician-manager educational needs: a national survey of psychiatry residents
Medical and Surgical Psychiatry Program, University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 53:745-52. 2008
..To determine Canadian psychiatry residents' perceived gaps in physician-manager competencies during their residency training...
- Implementing a new physician manager curriculum into a psychiatry residency training program: the change process, barriers and facilitators
Julie D Maggi
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Psychiatr Q 79:21-31. 2008
..Additionally, the article focuses on the role of the psychiatrist in the process...
- A systematic review of cognitive deficits in homeless adults: implications for service delivery
Tara A Burra
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 54:123-33. 2009
..The primary goals of this systematic review were to assess studies of homeless adults and cognitive functioning, and to explore the clinical implications and potential impacts on social functioning of these cognitive deficits...
- Ending homelessness among people with mental illness: the At Home/Chez Soi randomized trial of a Housing First intervention in Toronto
Stephen W Hwang
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St, Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:787. 2012
..The objectives of this paper are to examine the approach to participant recruitment and community engagement at the Toronto site of the AH/CS Project, and to describe the baseline demographics of participants in Toronto...
- Collaborative mental health care for the homeless: the role of psychiatry in positive housing and mental health outcomes
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 53:61-7. 2008
..Factors associated with positive outcomes for homeless men referred to a shelter-based collaborative mental health care team were examined...
- Assessing the mental health service needs of the homeless: a level-of-care approach
Inner City Health Associates, Centre for Research on Inner City Health, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:1031-45. 2010
..A level-of-care needs assessment was undertaken at Ontario's largest shelter to establish homeless clients' mental health service needs and identify service gaps...
- Traumatic brain injury among people who are homeless: a systematic review
Trauma and Neurosurgery Program, Keenan Research Center of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St, Michael s Hospital Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Bond 3 012, Toronto, ON M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:1059. 2012
..The objective of this systematic review was to review the current state of the literature on TBI and homelessness in order to identify knowledge gaps and direct future research...
- Physicians as managers: psychiatry residents' perceived gaps in knowledge and skills in administrative psychiatry
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 31:304-7. 2007
..The authors determine psychiatry residents' perceived needs and educational preferences for a physician-manager curriculum...
- Reducing service and substance use among frequent service users: a brief report from the Toronto Community Addictions Team
Jenna van Draanen
St Michaels Hospital, Centre for Research on Inner City Health, 209 Victoria, 3rd Floor, Toronto, ON, Canada
Subst Use Misuse 48:532-8. 2013
..Future research should used a controlled design and explore predictors of positive outcomes in this vulnerable population...
- Old and homeless: a review and survey of older adults who use shelters in an urban setting
St Michael s Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 48:374-80. 2003
..This paper reviews the available literature and presents findings of a Toronto survey in an effort to describe the demographics of homeless seniors, their level of impairment, and their mental and physical health needs...