- C5b-9 glomerular deposition and tubular alpha3beta1-integrin expression are implicated in the development of chronic lesions and predict renal function outcome in immunoglobulin A nephropathy
Nephrology Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Scand J Urol Nephrol 42:373-80. 2008
..However, the development of tubular atrophy is a late phenomenon during the disease progression. It would be useful to identify early factors that potentially result in renal damage and could be used as early predictors of renal outcome...
- Detection of multiple cytokines in the urine of patients with focal necrotising glomerulonephritis may predict short and long term outcome of renal function
Department of Nephrology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Hippokration General Hospital, 49 Konstantinoupoleos Str, 54642 Thessaloniki, Greece
Cytokine 57:120-6. 2012
..Detection of urinary cytokines in pauci-immune focal segmental necrotizing glomerulonephritis (FSNGN) may provide valuable information about disease pathogenesis and prognosis...
- Factors influencing patient survival and renal function outcome in pulmonary-renal syndrome associated with ANCA (+) vasculitis: a single-center experience
Nephrology Department, Aristotelion University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece
J Nephrol 18:35-44. 2005
..The presence of PR3-ANCA is associated with an early response to treatment, while MPO-ANCA vasculits seems to necessitate prolonged treatment...
- Urinary levels of epidermal growth factor, interleukin-6 and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 may act as predictor markers of renal function outcome in immunoglobulin A nephropathy
Department of Nephrology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Nephrology (Carlton) 14:613-20. 2009
..Urinary cytokine excretion may reflect histological changes in immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgAN), and their measurement can give information about disease outcome...
- Steroids and azathioprine in the treatment of IgA nephropathy
Department of Nephrology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Hippokration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Exp Nephrol 15:373-80. 2011
..This study evaluated the effect of two different treatment regimes in IgAN, steroids alone or in combination with azathioprine...
- Treatment of severe IgA nephropathy with omega-3 fatty acids: the effect of a "very low dose" regimen
Department of Nephrology, Hippokration General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ren Fail 26:453-9. 2004
..The effect of a "very low dose" of purified omega-3 fatty acids (PFA) in the progression of severe IgA nephropathy (IgAN) was tested, in a randomized, prospective, controlled trial...
- The effect of long-term intravenous high dose B-complex vitamins with or without folic acid on serum homocysteine in hemodialysis patients
Renal Unit, G Papanikolaou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Nephrol 15:671-5. 2002
..In the present study, we assessed the effect of long-term intravenous (IV) BCV on serum tHCy levels in HD patients, and the effect produced by moderate oral supplementation with FA...
- New insights of osmoregulatory system changes in ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Fertil Steril 95:304-6. 2011
..Plasma osmolality (Posm) less or more than 280 mOsm/kg body weight were associated with inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion syndrome and hypovolemia, respectively...
- Unusual manifestation of diarrhea-associated haemolytic uraemic syndrome in an adult
Second Propedeutic Department of Internal Medicine, Aristotle University, Hippokration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ren Fail 30:331-4. 2008
..She was treated only with fresh frozen plasma transfusions and hemodialysis, and despite the long duration of anuria (22 days), the patient showed subsequent improvement over days until full recovery one month later...