- Building community resilience through mental health infrastructure and training in post-Katrina New Orleans
BENJAMIN F SPRINGGATE
Tulane University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, USA
Ethn Dis 21:S1-20-9. 2011
..To describe a disaster recovery model focused on developing mental health services and capacity-building within a disparities-focused, community-academic participatory partnership framework...
- Down in New Orleans
University of California, Los Angeles, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:1426-30. 2007
- Rapid community participatory assessment of health care in post-storm New Orleans
BENJAMIN F SPRINGGATE
University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:S237-43. 2009
..This project engaged community stakeholders in a rapid, participatory assessment of health priorities 1 year post-disaster, to inform the policy process and build capacity for recovery planning among community members...
- Community engagement in disaster preparedness and recovery: a tale of two cities--Los Angeles and New Orleans
Kenneth B Wells
Center for Health Services and Society, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 36:451-66. 2013
- Community-based participatory development of a community health worker mental health outreach role to extend collaborative care in post-Katrina New Orleans
Tulane University School of Medicine, Office of Community Affairs and Health Policy, USA
Ethn Dis 21:S1-45-51. 2011
- The Partnered Research Center for Quality Care: developing infrastructure to support community-partnered participatory research in mental health
Center for Health Services and Society, University of California, Los Angeles Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, USA
Ethn Dis 21:S1-58-70. 2011
..This article discusses the development and design of the Partnered Research Center for Quality Care and provides examples of partnerships that have been formed and the work that has been conducted as a result...
- Community health workers leading the charge on workforce development: lessons from new orleans
Department of Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Avenue, SL 16, New Orleans, LA, 70112, USA
J Community Health 39:1140-9. 2014
..CHW insight supports development of training that addresses unique local concerns. Trained CHWs require ongoing professional support. ..
- Participatory and social media to engage youth: from the Obama campaign to public health practice
Tulane University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA
Ethn Dis 21:S1-94-9. 2011
..We discuss the strengths and limitations of the application of these media to date, and raise questions about the future use of these media for engaging hard-to-reach populations in addressing stigmatized public health issues...
- Day five
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:482-3. 2006