- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome is a systemic disease. Current evidenceCarlos Zamarron
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago, Spain
Eur J Intern Med 19:390-8. 2008..All of this indicates that, more than a local abnormality, OSAS should be considered a systemic disease...
- Utility of oxygen saturation and heart rate spectral analysis obtained from pulse oximetric recordings in the diagnosis of sleep apnea syndromeCarlos Zamarron
Sleep Unit, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago, Spain
Chest 123:1567-76. 2003..We prospectively evaluate the spectral characteristics of nocturnal arterial oxygen saturation (SaO(2)) and heart rate variability obtained from pulse oximetric recording as a diagnostic test for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- Worsening of obstructive sleep apnoeas in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis treated with anti-tumor necrosis factorCarlos Zamarron
Sleep Unit, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine of the Hospital Clinico Universitario and Santiago Medical School, Santiago, Spain
Respir Med 98:123-5. 2004..Thus, clinical recognition of sleep disordered breathing should be taken into account when rheumatoid arthritis patients are to be treated with infliximab...
- Coherence between oxygen saturation and heart rate obtained from pulse oximetric recordings in obstructive sleep apnoeaC Zamarron
Sleep Unit, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Physiol Meas 26:799-810. 2005..We conclude that OSA patients present dynamic coordination and interdependence between SaO(2) and heart rate in specific frequencies...
- Association of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea consequencesCarlos Zamarron
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago, Santiago, Spain
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 3:671-82. 2008..The treatment of choice for overlap syndrome in stable patients is CPAP with supplemental oxygen for correction of upper airway obstructive episodes and hypoxemia during sleep...
- Heart rate regularity analysis obtained from pulse oximetric recordings in the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apneaC Zamarron
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago de Compostela, C Choupana s n, 15706, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Sleep Breath 10:83-9. 2006..9%, positive predictive value of 81.3%, and negative predictive value of 66% at a threshold of 1.272. We conclude that ApEn analysis of heart rate data obtained from pulse oximetric recordings could be a useful tool in the study of OSA...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in obstructive sleep apnea patients with and without hypertensionCarlos Zamarron
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago, Choupana s n, Santiago de Compostela 15706, Spain
Lung 186:151-6. 2008..71, p<0.001). In conclusion, OSAS patients presented higher circulating levels of PAI than the control group, which was even greater when patients had associated hypertension...
- Improving diagnostic ability of blood oxygen saturation from overnight pulse oximetry in obstructive sleep apnea detection by means of central tendency measureDaniel Alvarez
E T S I de Telecomunicacion, University of Valladolid, and Hospital del Río Hortega, Servicio de Neumologia, Valladolid, Spain
Artif Intell Med 41:13-24. 2007..Specifically, we assessed the validity of central tendency measure (CTM) as a screening test for OSA in patients clinically suspected of suffering from this disease...
- Utility of approximate entropy from overnight pulse oximetry data in the diagnosis of the obstructive sleep apnea syndromeRoberto Hornero
Ingenieros de Telecomunicación, University of Valladolid, Spain, Camino del Cementerio s n 47011 Valladolid, Spain
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:107-13. 2007..This method was assessed prospectively using the test dataset, where we obtained 82.09% sensitivity and 86.96% specificity. We conclude that ApEn analysis of SaO2 from pulse oximetric recording could be useful in the study of OSA...
- Serum levels of gamma-glutamyl transferase are associated with markers of nocturnal hypoxemia in a general adult populationFrancisco Gude
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago, Travesia da Choupana, S N, 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Clin Chim Acta 407:67-71. 2009..In addition, we investigated the possible relationship between GGT concentrations and serum levels of tumour necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-6...
- Sustained attention measurements in obstructive sleep apnea and risk of traffic accidentsFernanda Pichel
Sleep Unit, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Choupana s n, 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Respir Med 100:1020-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to identify associations between performance on driving simulators, subject sleep complaints, and risk of traffic accidents in a population undergoing OSAS investigation...
- Oxygen saturation regularity analysis in the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apneaFelix del Campo
Hospital del Rio Hortega, Servicio de Neumologia, C Cardenal Torquemada s n, 47010 Valladolid, Spain
Artif Intell Med 37:111-8. 2006....
- Circulating levels of vascular endothelial markers in obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome. Effects of nasal continuous positive airway pressureCarlos Zamarron
Pulmonary Division, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Arch Med Sci 7:1023-8. 2011..Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome (OSAS) is an important risk factor in cardiovascular disorders. Although the exact mechanism remains to be elucidated, the endothelial dysfunction process seems to be implicated...