- Neurological soft signs in adolescents with first episode psychosisArantzazu Zabala
Unidad de Adolescentes, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, C Ibiza 43, 28009 Madrid, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 21:283-7. 2006..We did not find a clear pattern of NSS that distinguished schizophrenia from other psychoses...
- Findings of proton magnetic resonance spectometry in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in adolescents with first episodes of psychosisArantzazu Zabala
Adolescent Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, 28009 Madrid, Spain
Psychiatry Res 156:33-42. 2007....
- Cognitive performance and cigarette smoking in first-episode psychosisArantzazu Zabala
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, School of Medicine and Odontology, University of the Basque Country UPV EHU, Apdo Correos 699, 48080, Vizcaya, Spain
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 259:65-71. 2009..These results may be relevant for developing new strategies involving nicotinic receptors for cognitive enhancement in psychosis...
- Neuropsychological functioning in early-onset first-episode psychosis: comparison of diagnostic subgroupsArantzazu Zabala
Adolescent Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, C Ibiza 43, 28009, Madrid, Spain
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 260:225-33. 2010..FE-EOP patients show significant cognitive impairment that, during this early phase, seems to be non-specific to differential diagnosis...
- Regional gray matter volume deficits in adolescents with first-episode psychosisJoost Janssen
Laboratorio de Imagen Medica, Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Hospital Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:1311-20. 2008....
- Cognitive efficacy of quetiapine and olanzapine in early-onset first-episode psychosisOlalla Robles
Adolescent Unit, Psychiatry Department, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
Schizophr Bull 37:405-15. 2011..Furthermore, there was no evidence of any differential efficacy of olanzapine or quetiapine on cognitive improvement in this sample of adolescents with psychosis...
- Neurological soft signs in adolescents with first episode psychosis: two-year followupMaría Mayoral
Department of Psychiatry, Adolescent Unit, Gregorio Marañón University General Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Psychiatry Res 161:344-8. 2008..This decrease in the patient group was influenced by changes in symptomatology...
- Similarities in early course among men and women with a first episode of schizophrenia and schizophreniform disorderRafael Segarra
Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Vizcaya, Spain
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 262:95-105. 2012..The influence of gender on the early course of schizophrenia does not seem to be clinically or functionally decisive in this population...
- Cognitive performance and smoking in first-episode psychosis: the self-medication hypothesisRafael Segarra
Department of Psychiatry, Cruces Hospital, Osakidetza Basque Health System, Vizcaya, Spain
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 261:241-50. 2011..Smoking might improve attention and working memory to a similarly modest extent as atypical antipsychotics and could reflect an effort to ameliorate these cognitive dysfunctions previous to treatment instauration...
- Olanzapine compared to quetiapine in adolescents with a first psychotic episodeCelso Arango
Psychiatry Department, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 18:418-28. 2009..To compare the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of olanzapine and quetiapine in adolescents with first episode psychosis...
- Progression of brain volume changes in adolescent-onset psychosisSantiago Reig
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Dr Esquerdo 46, Madrid 28007, Spain
Schizophr Bull 35:233-43. 2009..Change in clinical status was not correlated with longitudinal brain changes. Our results support progression of frontal lobe changes in males with adolescent-onset psychosis...
- Gyral and sulcal cortical thinning in adolescents with first episode early-onset psychosisJoost Janssen
Department of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, CIBERSAM, Spain
Biol Psychiatry 66:1047-54. 2009....
- Structural neuroimaging in adolescents with a first psychotic episodeDolores Moreno
Unidad de Adolescentes, IPP, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Servicio de Psiquiatria, Madrid, Spain
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:1151-7. 2005..The objective of the present study is to replicate findings in first-episode psychosis reporting a smaller volume in brain structures in a population with adolescent onset...
- Brain morphology and neurological soft signs in adolescents with first-episode psychosisJoost Janssen
Department of Experimental Medicine and Psychiatry, Adolescent Unit Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañon AU HGUGM, 28007 Madrid, Spain
Br J Psychiatry 195:227-33. 2009....