Genomes and Genes
E F Wagner
- Fra-2/AP-1 controls bone formation by regulating osteoblast differentiation and collagen productionAline Bozec
Genes, Development, and Disease Group, BBVA Foundation, Cancer Cell Biology Program, Spanish National Cancer Center, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biol 190:1093-106. 2010..These findings reveal a novel function of Fra-2/AP-1 as a positive regulator of bone and matrix formation in mice and humans...
- Signal integration by JNK and p38 MAPK pathways in cancer developmentErwin F Wagner
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, C Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, Madrid 28029, Spain
Nat Rev Cancer 9:537-49. 2009..In this Review we highlight the recent progress made in defining the functions of the JNK and p38 MAPK pathways in different cancers...
- Bone development and inflammatory disease is regulated by AP-1 (Fos/Jun)E F Wagner
BBVA Foundation CNIO Cancer Cell Biology Program, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, C Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 69:i86-88. 2010..Finally, the paper discusses the relevance of the Jun-dependent mouse model for psoriasis for preclinical studies in the field of anti-angiogenic therapies...
- Psoriasis: what we have learned from mouse modelsErwin F Wagner
Fundación Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria F BBVA CNIO Cancer Cell Biology Program, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, Melchor Fernández Almargo 3, 29029 Madrid, Spain
Nat Rev Rheumatol 6:704-14. 2010..Indeed, a combination of genetic and immunological investigations will be necessary to develop both improved drugs for the treatment of psoriasis and novel curative strategies...
- Functions of Fos phosphorylation in bone homeostasis, cytokine response and tumourigenesisL Bakiri
Genes, Development and Disease Group, F BBVA Cancer Cell Biology programme, National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Oncogene 30:1506-17. 2011..Inhibition of Fos C-terminal phosphorylation on serine 362 by targeting RSK2 might be of therapeutic relevance for skin tumours...
- Targeting inflammation by modulating the Jun/AP-1 pathwayHelia B Schonthaler
Cancer Cell Biology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 70:i109-12. 2011..New targets identified in mouse models, together with investigations on human samples, will provide important new avenues for therapeutic interventions in psoriasis and other inflammatory skin diseases...
- Systemic anti-VEGF treatment strongly reduces skin inflammation in a mouse model of psoriasisHelia B Schonthaler
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria BBVA Foundation, Cancer Cell Biology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:21264-9. 2009..These results demonstrate that systemic blockade of VEGF by an inhibitory antibody might be used to treat patients who have inflammatory skin disorders such as psoriasis...