- Lead, mercury and cadmium in umbilical cord blood and its association with parental epidemiological variables and birth factorsEsther García-Esquinas
Environmental and Cancer Epidemiology Unit, National Centre for Epidemiology, Carlos III Institute of Health Instituto de Salud Carlos III ISCIII, Madrid, Spain
BMC Public Health 13:841. 2013..We also explored the relationship between cord blood metal concentrations and child characteristics at birth...
- Reproducibility and validity of a food frequency questionnaire among pregnant women in a Mediterranean areaJesus Vioque
Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Ctra, Nacional 332 s n 03550, Campus San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Nutr J 12:26. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the reproducibility and validity (against biochemical biomarkers) of a semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) in pregnant women...
- Dietary patterns and quality in West-African immigrants in MadridHélène F Delisle
WHO Collaborating Centre on Nutrition Changes and Development, Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, PO Box 6128, Downtown Station, Montreal, Que, H3C 3J7, Canada
Nutr J 8:3. 2009..The study assessed dietary patterns and quality in Bubi immigrants (from Equatorial Guinea) using cluster analysis and comparing different diet quality indexes...
- [Spanish scientific production in obesity research published in PubMed (1988-2007)]Jesus Vioque
Departamento de Salud Publica, Facultad de Medicina, Campus de San Juan, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, San Juan de Alicante, Alicante, Espana
Gac Sanit 24:225-32. 2010..To analyse Spanish scientific research output related to obesity during a 20-year period from 1988 to 2007 into context with the European Union productivity..
- A bibliometric study of scientific literature on obesity research in PubMed (1988-2007)J Vioque
Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Obes Rev 11:603-11. 2010..USA and Europe were leaders in the production of scientific articles on obesity...
- [Folic acid ingestion and associated factors in adult women 15-44 years of age in the Valencian Community]J Vioque
Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Alicante
Med Clin (Barc) 114:414-6. 2000..We estimated the proportion of women with a FA intake < 400 micrograms/day, at the Valencian Region, exploring those factors associated with a FA intake < 400 micrograms/day...
- Esophageal cancer risk by type of alcohol drinking and smoking: a case-control study in SpainJesus Vioque
Departamento Salud Pública, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Elche Alicante, Spain
BMC Cancer 8:221. 2008....
- Intake of fruits and vegetables in relation to 10-year weight gain among Spanish adultsJesus Vioque
Departamento Salud Pública, Historia de la Ciencia y Ginecología, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Elche Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:664-70. 2008..We explored the associations between fruit and vegetable intake and WG over a 10-year period in an adult Mediterranean population...
- Plasma concentrations of carotenoids and vitamin C are better correlated with dietary intake in normal weight than overweight and obese elderly subjectsJesus Vioque
Departamento Salud Pública, Campus San Juan, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Elche Alicante, Ctra Valencia s n, 03550 Alicante, Spain
Br J Nutr 97:977-86. 2007..The present data suggest that plasma carotenoids and vitamin C may be good markers of dietary intake in elderly subjects, but not so for alpha-carotene, beta-carotene and lutein + zeaxanthin in obese subjects...
- Time spent watching television, sleep duration and obesity in adults living in Valencia, SpainJ Vioque
Departamento Salud Pública, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:1683-8. 2000..To analyse the association of time watching television (TV) and physical activity with obesity in the Mediterranean area of Spain with the highest prevalence of obesity...
- [Folic acid intake from diet and supplements in a population of pregnant women in Valencia, Spain]Eva Maria Navarrete-Muñoz
Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Elche, Alicante, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 135:637-43. 2010..We also explored the factors associated with non-compliance of both the recommended intake (RI) of 600 μg/day and the supplement use of 400 μg/day provided to prevent neural tube defects (NTD)...
- Periconceptional folic acid supplementation and anthropometric measures at birth in a cohort of pregnant women in Valencia, SpainMaria Pastor-Valero
Departamento de Salud Publica, Campus San Juan, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Carretera de Valencia s n, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Br J Nutr 105:1352-60. 2011..Our findings suggest that periconceptional use of FA supplements greater than 1 mg/d is associated with decreased birth height and may entail a risk of decreased birth weight...
- Estimation of height and body mass index from demi-span in elderly individualsTanja Weinbrenner
Departamento Salud Pública, Historia de la Ciencia y Ginecología, Universidad Miguel Hernández Elche Alicante, Alicante, Espana
Gerontology 52:275-81. 2006..Measurements of other body segments can be used as an alternative to estimate standing height, but population- and age-specific equations are necessary...
- Iodine intake and maternal thyroid function during pregnancyMarisa Rebagliato
Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain
Epidemiology 21:62-9. 2010..We examined the association of maternal iodine intake and supplementation with thyroid function before 24 weeks of gestation in population-based samples from 3 different areas in Spain...
- Analysis of factors influencing pregnancy rates in homologous intrauterine inseminationGilberto Ibérico
Infertility Center, Instituto Bernabeu, Alicante, Spain
Fertil Steril 81:1308-13. 2004..To identify predictors of pregnancy rate (PR) among women undergoing homologous IUI...
- [Association between hours of television watched, physical activity, sleep and excess weight among young adults]María Martínez-Moyá
Departamento de Salud Publica, Historia de la Ciencia y Ginecología, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, San Juan de Alicante, Alicante, Espana
Gac Sanit 28:203-8. 2014..To explore the association between excess weight or body mass index (BMI) and the time spent watching television, self-reported physical activity and sleep duration in a young adult population...
- A low intake of antioxidant nutrients is associated with poor semen quality in patients attending fertility clinicsJaime Mendiola
Department of Reproductive Biology and Medicine, Instituto Bernabeu, Alicante, Spain
Fertil Steril 93:1128-33. 2010..To compare specific nutrient intake between normospermic and oligoasthenoteratospermic patients attending infertility clinics in two Mediterranean provinces of Spain...
- [Prevalence and risk factors of varicose veins in adults]Miguel Ahumada
Departamento de Salud Publica, Historia de la Ciencia y Ginecología, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Alicante, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 123:647-51. 2004....
- The opinions of injecting drug user (IDUs) HIV patients and health professionals on access to antiretroviral treatment and health services in Valencia, SpainManuela García de La Hera
Departamento de Salud Publica, Ha de la Ciencia y Ginecología, Campus de Sant Joan, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Sant Joan d Alacant, Spain
Eval Health Prof 34:349-61. 2011....
- Occupational exposures and risk of oesophageal cancer by histological type: a case-control study in eastern SpainM Santibanez
Occupational Health Unit, Public Health Center, Elche, Alicante, Spain
Occup Environ Med 65:774-81. 2008..To explore the relationship between occupations and specific occupational exposures and oesophageal cancer (OC) by histological type...