J A Vazquez
- Chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid and chitin/chitosan production using marine waste sources: characteristics, applications and eco-friendly processes: a reviewJose Antonio Vazquez
Group of Recycling and Valorisation of Waste Materials REVAL, Marine Research Institute IIM CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6 Vigo, Galicia 36208, Spain
Mar Drugs 11:747-74. 2013....
- Evaluation of non-linear equations to model different animal growths with mono and bisigmoid profilesJose Antonio Vazquez
Grupo de Reciclado e Valorización de Materiais Residuais REVAL, Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, C Eduardo Cabello 6, CP36208 Vigo, Spain
J Theor Biol 314:95-105. 2012..A subsequent formulation of logistic and Gompertz equations was constructed to describe accurately the biphasic trends for cock and foal growths...
- Biphasic toxicodynamic features of some antimicrobial agents on microbial growth: a dynamic mathematical model and its implications on hormesisMiguel A Murado
Grupo de Reciclado y Valorización de Materiales Residuales REVAL, Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6 Vigo 36208 Galicia, Spain
BMC Microbiol 10:220. 2010..Responses were obtained from conventional assays of three antimicrobial agents (nisin, pediocin and phenol) against two microorganisms (Carnobacterium piscicola and Leuconostoc mesenteroides)...
- Pediocin production by Pediococcus acidilactici in solid state culture on a waste medium: process simulation and experimental resultsJ A Vázquez Alvarez
Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6, 36208 Vigo, Galicia, Spain
Biotechnol Bioeng 85:676-82. 2004..The system kinetics were modeled on the basis of widely accepted assumptions with a good fit to the experimental results and observed biomass fluctuations less evident than those predicted by the kinetic model...
- Hyaluronic acid production by Streptococcus zooepidemicus in marine by-products media from mussel processing wastewaters and tuna peptone visceraJose A Vazquez
Grupo de Reciclado y Valorización de Materiales Residuales REVAL Instituto de Investigacións Mariñas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6, Vigo 36208, Galicia Spain
Microb Cell Fact 9:46. 2010..Different properties and characteristics of the fermentation process have been extensively optimised; however, new carbon and protein sources obtained from by-products or cheap substrates have not yet been studied...
- Evaluation of toxic effects of several carboxylic acids on bacterial growth by toxicodynamic modellingJose Antonio Vazquez
Grupo de Reciclado e Valorización de Materiais Residuais REVAL, Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6, Vigo 36208, Galicia, Spain
Microb Cell Fact 10:100. 2011..However, they typically provide only descriptive information without modelling the influence of acid concentrations on bacterial kinetics...
- Growth and metabolic features of lactic acid bacteria in media with hydrolysed fish viscera. An approach to bio-silage of fishing by-productsJ A Vazquez
Grupo de Reciclado y Valorizacion de Materiales Residuales, Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6 36208 Vigo 36208, Galicia, Spain
Bioresour Technol 99:6246-57. 2008....
- Substrate inhibition of Pediococcus acidilactici by glucose on a waste medium. Simulations and experimental resultsJ A Vazquez
Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, Galicia, Spain
Lett Appl Microbiol 37:365-9. 2003..The possibility of substrate inhibition by glucose on biomass and pediocin production was studied in cultures of Pediococcus acidilactici on a residual medium...
- Proteases production by two Vibrio species on residuals marine mediaJ A Vazquez
Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6 Vigo, 36208, Galicia, Spain
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 33:661-8. 2006..anguillarum growing in rainbow trout and squid peptones...
- Survival of lactic acid bacteria in seawater: a factorial studyJ A Vazquez
Instituto de Investigations Mariñas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6, Vigo 36208, Galicia, Spain
Curr Microbiol 47:508-13. 2003..5. Simply additive effects were found in two cases, a negative first-order interaction in another case, while another two required second-order models...
- Preliminary tests on nisin and pediocin production using waste protein sources. Factorial and kinetic studiesJ A Vazquez
Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6 Vigo 36208, Galicia, Spain
Bioresour Technol 97:605-13. 2006..Visceral residues, especially when subjected to a brief process of autohydrolysis at 20 degrees C, were more efficient for bacterial growth than muscle, even when muscle was treated with pepsin...
- Stimulation of bacteriocin production by dialyzed culture media from different lactic acid bacteriaJ A Vazquez
Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6, Vigo 36208 Galicia, Spain
Curr Microbiol 50:208-11. 2005..Such a definition, which does not claim taxonomic value, has practical interest, however, in cases (e.g., silage production) in which it is convenient to use mixed inocula including strains able to establish positive interactions...
- Peptones from autohydrolysed fish viscera for nisin and pediocin productionJ A Vazquez
Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, 6 Vigo 36208 Galicia, Spain
J Biotechnol 112:299-311. 2004....
- Effects of aeration on growth and on production of bacteriocins and other metabolites in cultures of eight strains of lactic acid bacteriaJ A Vazquez
Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, Galicia, Spain
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 127:111-24. 2005....
- An empirical model for describing the effects of nitrogen sources on nisin productionM L Cabo
Marine Research Institute CSIC, C Eduardo Cabello, 6 36208 Vigo Pontevedra, Spain
Lett Appl Microbiol 33:425-9. 2001..A study on the effects of tryptone and yeast extract on nisin production by Lactococcus lactis was carried out using a second order rotatable factorial design...
- β-Carotene assay revisited. application to characterize and quantify antioxidant and prooxidant activities in a microplateM A Prieto
Grupo de Reciclado e Valorización de Materiais Residuais REVAL, Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello 6, Vigo 36208, Galicia, Spain e s
J Agric Food Chem 60:8983-93. 2012....
- Mouse bioassay for palytoxin. Specific symptoms and dose-response against dose-death time relationshipsP Riobo
Grupo de Fitoplancton Tóxico, Instituto Investigacións Mariñas CSIC Eduardo Cabello 6, 36208 Vigo, Galicia, Spain
Food Chem Toxicol 46:2639-47. 2008..Herein is demonstrated that the logistic equation and the accumulative function of Weibull's distribution (with the modifications proposed) generate satisfactory toxicological descriptions in all the respects...
- The notion of hormesis and the dose-response theory: a unified approachM A Murado
Grupo de Reciclado y Valorizacion de Materiales Residuales, Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello 6, 36208 Vigo, Galicia, Spain
J Theor Biol 244:489-99. 2007..Finally, it also allows to discuss some factors which prevent the use of the notion of hormesis-perhaps useful in a clinical context, under strictly controlled conditions-to make decisions on environmental protection measures...