- Factors associated with vitamin D deficiency in European adolescents: the HELENA studyJara Valtueña
ImFINE Research Group, Department of Health and Human Performance, Faculty of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 59:161-71. 2013..206; p<0.05) independently influenced 25(OH)D concentrations. Season, latitude, fitness, adiposity, sleep time and micronutrient supplementation were highly related to 25(OH)D concentrations found in European adolescents. ..
- Cardiorespiratory fitness in males, and upper limbs muscular strength in females, are positively related with 25-hydroxyvitamin D plasma concentrations in European adolescents: the HELENA studyJ Valtueña
Departamento de Salud y Rendimiento Humano, Facultad de Ciencias de la Actividad Física y del Deporte INEF, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, C Martín Fierro, 7, 28040 Madrid, Spain
QJM 106:809-21. 2013..Vitamin D deficiency has been related to physical fitness and adiposity but it is not clearly known whether this relationship applies to growing children and adolescents...
- Vitamin D status and physical activity interact to improve bone mass in adolescents. The HELENA StudyJ Valtueña
Department of Health and Human Performance, Faculty of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences INEF, Technical University of Madrid, C Martín Fierro 7, Madrid, Spain
Osteoporos Int 23:2227-37. 2012....
- Retinol, β-carotene, α-tocopherol and vitamin D status in European adolescents; regional differences an variability: a reviewJ Valtueña
Department of Health and Human Performance, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Nutr Hosp 26:280-8. 2011..Representative data are still missing; therefore, there is a high need to get deeper into the investigation on liposoluble vitamins in this population group...
- The "healthy lifestyle guide pyramid" for children and adolescentsM Gonzalez-Gross
Facultad de Ciencias de la Actividad Física y del Deporte INEF, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Espana
Nutr Hosp 23:159-68. 2008..After reviewing educational tools for children and adolescents aimed at promoting a healthy lifestyle, it was recognized that there was a need to develop a simple educational tool specifically designed for these age groups...