- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma recurrence after liver transplantationA Valdivieso
Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplantation Unit, Cruces University Hospital, Bilbao, Spain
Transplant Proc 42:660-2. 2010..There is a rationale for the use of sorafenib and mammalian target of rapamycin based immunosuppression, which warrants randomized studies...
- Survival and hepatitis C virus recurrence after liver transplantation in HIV- and hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients: experience in a single centerM Testillano
Gastroenterology and Liver Unit, Hospital de Cruces, Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:1041-3. 2009..Posttransplant hepatitis C virus (HCV) recurrence has been shown to negatively impact graft and patient survivals. It has been suggested that HCV recurrence among HIV- and HCV-coinfected transplant recipients is even more aggressive...
- Prophylactic therapy with valgancyclovir in high-risk (cytomegalovirus D+/R-) liver transplant recipients: a single-center experienceM Montejo
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas y Servicios de Cirugía Hepáto biliar y Trasplante Hepático, Digestivo y Microbiología, Hospital Universitario de Cruces, Bilbao, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2189-91. 2009..Treatment with intravenous gancyclovir followed by oral valgancyclovir was successful in both patients. No opportunistic infections were observed and only 1 patient developed leukopenia as an adverse event related to valgancyclovir...
- Biliary complications in orthotopic liver transplantation using choledochocholedochostomy with a T-tubeM Gastaca
Hepato biliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation Unit, Hospital Universitario de Cruces, Bilbao, Spain
Transplant Proc 44:1554-6. 2012..The complication rate after elective T-tube removal and the repeat surgery rate were extremely low. These results might challenge the current trend to avoid T-tube stenting in OLT...
- Donors older than 70 years in liver transplantationM Gastaca
Liver Transplantation Unit, Hospital de Cruces, Bilbao, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3851-4. 2005..Expansion of donor criteria has become necessary with the increasing number of liver transplantation candidates, as aged donors who have been considered to yield marginal organs...