- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma recurrence after liver transplantationA Valdivieso
Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplantation Unit, Cruces University Hospital, Bilbao, Spain
Transplant Proc 42:660-2. 2010..We conducted a retrospective analysis of our results in the treatment of HCC recurrence after OLT Patients. The 23 HCC recurrences developed after 182 OLT performed for HCC within Milan criteria, had an average follow-up of 60 months...
- Survival and hepatitis C virus recurrence after liver transplantation in HIV- and hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients: experience in a single centerM Testillano
Gastroenterology and Liver Unit, Hospital de Cruces, Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:1041-3. 2009..Posttransplant hepatitis C virus (HCV) recurrence has been shown to negatively impact graft and patient survivals. It has been suggested that HCV recurrence among HIV- and HCV-coinfected transplant recipients is even more aggressive...
- Prophylactic therapy with valgancyclovir in high-risk (cytomegalovirus D+/R-) liver transplant recipients: a single-center experienceM Montejo
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas y Servicios de Cirugía Hepáto biliar y Trasplante Hepático, Digestivo y Microbiología, Hospital Universitario de Cruces, Bilbao, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2189-91. 2009..Treatment with intravenous gancyclovir followed by oral valgancyclovir was successful in both patients. No opportunistic infections were observed and only 1 patient developed leukopenia as an adverse event related to valgancyclovir...
- Biliary complications in orthotopic liver transplantation using choledochocholedochostomy with a T-tubeM Gastaca
Hepato biliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation Unit, Hospital Universitario de Cruces, Bilbao, Spain
Transplant Proc 44:1554-6. 2012..The complication rate after elective T-tube removal and the repeat surgery rate were extremely low. These results might challenge the current trend to avoid T-tube stenting in OLT...
- Donors older than 70 years in liver transplantationM Gastaca
Liver Transplantation Unit, Hospital de Cruces, Bilbao, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3851-4. 2005..Expansion of donor criteria has become necessary with the increasing number of liver transplantation candidates, as aged donors who have been considered to yield marginal organs...