Jose L Soengas
Affiliation: University of Vigo
- Otero Rodiño C, Velasco C, Alvarez Otero R, López Patiño M, Míguez J, Soengas J. In vitro evidence in rainbow trout supporting glucosensing mediated by sweet taste receptor, LXR, and mitochondrial activity in Brockmann bodies, and sweet taste receptor in liver. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;200:6-16 pubmed publisher
- Velasco C, Moreiras G, Conde Sieira M, Leao J, Míguez J, Soengas J. Ceramide counteracts the effects of ghrelin on the metabolic control of food intake in rainbow trout. J Exp Biol. 2017;220:2563-2576 pubmed publisher..The results are discussed in the context of regulation of food intake by metabolic and endocrine inputs. ..
- Velasco C, LibrÃ¡n PÃ©rez M, Otero RodiÃ±o C, LÃ³pez PatiÃ±o M, MÃguez J, Soengas J. Intracerebroventricular ghrelin treatment affects lipid metabolism in liver of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016;228:33-39 pubmed publisher..These results give support to the notion of hypothalamus as an integrative place for the regulation of peripheral energy metabolism in fish. ..
- Velasco C, LibrÃ¡n PÃ©rez M, Otero RodiÃ±o C, LÃ³pez PatiÃ±o M, MÃguez J, Soengas J. Ceramides are involved in the regulation of food intake in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2016;311:R658-R668 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that ceramides are involved in the regulation of food intake in rainbow trout through mechanisms comparable to those characterized previously in mammals in some cases. ..
- Marandel L, Panserat S, Plagnes Juan E, Arbenoits E, Soengas J, Bobe J. Evolutionary history of glucose-6-phosphatase encoding genes in vertebrate lineages: towards a better understanding of the functions of multiple duplicates. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:342 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that the fixation and the divergence of g6pc duplicated genes during vertebrates' evolution may lead to adaptive novelty and probably to the emergence of novel phenotypes related to glucose homeostasis. ..
- Otero Rodiño C, Velasco C, Alvarez Otero R, López Patiño M, Míguez J, Soengas J. In vitro evidence supports the presence of glucokinase-independent glucosensing mechanisms in hypothalamus and hindbrain of rainbow trout. J Exp Biol. 2016;219:1750-9 pubmed publisher..The response observed in the presence of these specific inhibitors/antagonists further supports the proposal that critical components of the different glucosensing mechanisms are functioning in rainbow trout hypothalamus and hindbrain. ..
- Gómez Boronat M, Velasco C, Isorna E, de Pedro N, Delgado M, Soengas J. The satiety factor oleoylethanolamide impacts hepatic lipid and glucose metabolism in goldfish. J Comp Physiol B. 2016;186:1009-1021 pubmed..These results support an important role for OEA in the regulation of liver lipid and glucose metabolism, and could relate to the metabolic changes associated with circadian activity and the regulation of food intake in fish. ..
- Velasco C, Otero Rodiño C, Comesana S, Míguez J, Soengas J. Hypothalamic mechanisms linking fatty acid sensing and food intake regulation in rainbow trout. J Mol Endocrinol. 2017;59:377-390 pubmed publisher..The results support, for the first time in fish, the involvement of these proteins in the regulation of food intake by fatty acids. ..
- Comesana S, Velasco C, Ceinos R, López Patiño M, Míguez J, Morais S, et al. Evidence for the presence in rainbow trout brain of amino acid sensing systems involved in the control of food intake. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;:ajpregu.00283.2017 pubmed publisher..Another novel result is the clear effect of leucine on telencephalon, in which amino acid sensing systems, but not neuropeptides, were activated as in hypothalamus...
- Velasco C, LibrÃ¡n PÃ©rez M, Otero RodiÃ±o C, LÃ³pez PatiÃ±o M, MÃguez J, CerdÃ¡ Reverter J, et al. Ghrelin modulates hypothalamic fatty acid-sensing and control of food intake in rainbow trout. J Endocrinol. 2016;228:25-37 pubmed publisher..These changes provide evidence for the first time in fish of a possible modulatory role of ghrelin on the metabolic regulation by fatty acid of food intake occurring in the hypothalamus. ..