Affiliation: University of Valencia
- [Evaluation of auditory hallucinations: the PSYRATS scale]J C Gonzalez
Hospital Clinico, Valencia, Espana
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 31:10-7. 2003..Translate and adapt the PSYRATS scale for evaluation of auditory hallucinations to Spanish and study the psychometric behavior...
- FOXP2 gene and language impairment in schizophrenia: association and epigenetic studiesAmparo Tolosa
Department of Genetics, Faculty in Biology, University of Valencia, C Doctor Moliner 50, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
BMC Med Genet 11:114. 2010..FOXP2 shows two important features as a convincing candidate gene for schizophrenia vulnerability: FOXP2 is the first gene related to a language disorder, and it has been subject to positive selection in the human lineage...
- [Genetic factors in the development of language]J Sanjuan
Universidad de Valencia, Espana
Rev Neurol 50:S101-6. 2010..To review selectively the status of the genetic research in the field of speech and language disorders...
- Mood changes after delivery: role of the serotonin transporter geneJ Sanjuan
Hospital Clinico, UV, CIBER Enfermedades Mentales, Valencia, Spain
Br J Psychiatry 193:383-8. 2008..After childbirth there is a sharp reduction in brain tryptophan availability, thus polymorphic variations in 5-HTT may play a similar role in the post-partum period...
- Emotional words induce enhanced brain activity in schizophrenic patients with auditory hallucinationsJulio Sanjuan
Psychiatric Unit, University of Valencia School of Medicine, Valencia, Spain
Psychiatry Res 154:21-9. 2007..Our findings are consistent with other studies suggesting a relevant role for emotional response in the pathogenesis and treatment of auditory hallucinations...
- [The aetiopathogenesis of auditory hallucinations in psychosis]J Sanjuan
Unidad de Psiquiatria, Facultad de Medicina Universidad de Valencia, 46010 Valencia, Espana
Rev Neurol 43:280-6. 2006..Neither of these approaches are listening to each other. Neither of them look at the molecular genetic vulnerability to auditory hallucinations in psychosis...
- [Evolutionary theories of schizophrenia]J Sanjuan
Unidad de Psiquiatria, Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Valencia, 46010, Espana
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 27:390-7. 1999..We stand out the theories that have looked for an association of a Darwinian approach with genetic or neurodevelopmental data. Finally a possibility of integration of the evolutionary and neuropsychological models is proposed...
- Emotional auditory paradigm in neuroimaging: a base for the study of psychosisJ Sanjuan
Medicine Department, Psychiatry Unit, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 33:383-9. 2005..The present study introduces a new paradigm for the study of emotional response based on auditory approach and designed specifically for the study of psychoses...
- FOXP2 polymorphisms in patients with schizophreniaJulio Sanjuan
Unidad de Psiquiatria, Facultad de Medicina, Hospital Clinico, Universitat de Valencia, Blasco Ibaez 15, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Schizophr Res 73:253-6. 2005..FOXP2 was described as the first gene involved in our ability to acquire spoken language. The main objective of this study was to compare the distribution of FOXP2 gene polymorphisms between patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls...
- A possible association between the CCK-AR gene and persistent auditory hallucinations in schizophreniaJ Sanjuan
Unidad de Psiquiatria, Facultad de Medicina, Hospital Clinico, Blasco Ibañez 15, Universitat de Valencia, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 19:349-53. 2004..The persistent AH group showed an excess of the A1 allele when was compared with episodic or control groups. Our data support the possible role of the CCK-AR gene in the development of persistent AH in schizophrenic patients...
- Pleasurable auditory hallucinationsJ Sanjuan
Department of Medicine, Psychiatric Unit, Valencia University, Valencia, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 110:273-8. 2004..There are practically no studies on whether voices can be perceived as pleasurable. The aim of the present study was to assess the frequency of voices as a pleasurable experience in a psychotic patient population...
- [GEOPTE Scale of social cognition for psychosis]J Sanjuan
Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 31:120-8. 2003..The aim of this article is to present the characteristics and psychometric properties of a scale which aims, with its simplicity of use and design, to be of use in the clinical practice for measuring social cognition in psychosis...
- [Evolutionary theories on schizophrenia]J Sanjuan
Unidad de Psiquiatria, Departamento de Medicina, Avda Blasco Ibanez, Valencia
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 28:5-12. 2000..We stand out the theories that have looked for an association of a Darwinian approach with genetic or neurodevelopmental data. Finally a possibility of integration of the evolutionary and neuropsychological models is proposed...
- Left orbitofrontal and superior temporal gyrus structural changes associated to suicidal behavior in patients with schizophreniaE J Aguilar
Psychiatric Unit, Clinic University Hospital, Avda Blasco Ibanez, 17, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1673-6. 2008..Neuroimaging studies are necessary to expand our knowledge of biological mechanisms underlying suicide in schizophrenia...
- Persistent auditory hallucinationsJ C Gonzalez
Clinical Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Psychopathology 39:120-5. 2006..The objective of our study was to analyze those clinical dimensions that characterize persistent hallucinators in comparison with episodic hallucinators...
- Correlates of symptom dimensions in schizophrenia obtained with the Spanish version of the Manchester scaleR Tabares
Teaching Unit of Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Valencia, Spain
Psychopathology 33:259-64. 2000..However, CT did not differentiate between these symptom dimensions. This study of a sample of mostly outpatients corroborates the hypothesis of three clinical dimensions in schizophrenia...
- Spectroscopic metabolomic abnormalities in the thalamus related to auditory hallucinations in patients with schizophreniaB Martínez-Granados
Department of Physical Chemistry, University of Valencia, C Dr Moliner 50, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Schizophr Res 104:13-22. 2008..The aim of the present study is to explore metabolic Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS) ratio differences in the thalamus between schizophrenic patients with and without auditory hallucinations and control subjects...
- [The genetics of child temperament]J Ivorra-Martínez
Laboratorio de Genética Molecular y Humana, Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Valencia Facultad de Biología, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Rev Neurol 45:418-23. 2007..A possible way to solve this problem is to look at the temperament of preschool children. It is expected that variability in infants' behaviour can be better defined and with less environmental influence...