Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Navarra
- [Bone transplant]M San Julian
Departamento de Cirugia Ortopedica y Traumatologia, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, 31008, Pamplona, Spain
An Sist Sanit Navar 29:125-36. 2006..In short, the increasingly widespread use of allografts is an essential therapeutic weapon in orthopaedic surgery and traumatology. It must be used by expert hands...
- Nonreferral of possible soft tissue sarcomas in adults: a dangerous omission in policyJuan F Abellan
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Navarra, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
Sarcoma 2009:827912. 2009..The influence on outcome of initial wide local excision (WLE), which is made possible by referral to a specialist centre, is paramount...
- Indications for epiphyseal preservation in metaphyseal malignant bone tumors of children: relationship between image methods and histological findingsM San-Julian
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Pediatr Orthop 19:543-8. 1999..If the tumor shows contact with part of the physis, it is also possible to preserve the epiphysis...
- Bone metastases from osteosarcomaM San-Julian
Department of Orthopaedics, University Clinic, University of Navarra, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
Int Orthop 27:117-20. 2003..Those with multiple metastases were treated by palliative measures, and none survived. We conclude that resection of solitary metastases from osteosarcoma after neoadjuvant chemotherapy can be curative...
- Limb salvage in bone sarcomas in patients younger than age 10: a 20-year experienceMikel San-Julian
Department of Orthopedic, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Pediatr Orthop 23:753-62. 2003..Limb salvage is a real possibility even in young children with bone sarcomas. The age of the patient itself is not a contraindication for limb salvage...
- Limb salvage in Ewing's sarcoma of the distal lower extremityMikel San-Julian
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Navarre, Avd PIO XII 36, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
Foot Ankle Int 29:22-8. 2008..There are no large series covering this issue. Some authors advise amputation as the "gold standard" treatment. The authors here prsent their experience in limb salvage of fourteen cases of ES in distal lower extremities...
- Methotrexate in pediatric osteosarcoma: response and toxicity in relation to genetic polymorphisms and dihydrofolate reductase and reduced folate carrier 1 expressionAna Patino-Garcia
Laboratory of Pediatrics, University of Navarra University Clinic, Pamplona, Spain
J Pediatr 154:688-93. 2009..To determine the influence of the genotype and the level of expression of different enzymes involved in folate metabolism on the response to and toxicity of high-dose methotrexate treatment in pediatric osteosarcomas...
- Long-term results after resection for soft tissue sarcoma pulmonary metastasesCarlos E García Franco
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Clinica Universidad Navarra, Avenida Pio XII 36, Pamplona 31008, Spain
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 9:223-6. 2009..The overall five-year survival rate was 23.1%. DFI, number of lung nodules at surgery and metastatic histology are significant prognostic factors for patients with resected pulmonary metastases from STS...
- Feasibility report of conservative surgery, perioperative high-dose-rate brachytherapy (PHDRB), and low-to-moderate dose external beam radiation therapy (EBRT) in pediatric sarcomasRafael Martinez-Monge
Department of Oncology, University Clinic, University of Navarra, Avda Pío XII s n, Pamplona, E 31080 Navarre, Spain
Brachytherapy 3:196-200. 2004..This study was undertaken to determine the feasibility of perioperative high-dose-rate brachytherapy (PHDRB) as an accelerated boost in patients with pediatric sarcomas...
- A long-term retrospective review of 5 cases using daptomycin for prosthetic device infections after surgeryEmilio G Quetglas
Emergency Department, Clinical Pharmacology Service, University Clinic of Navarra, Pamplona
Int J Artif Organs 32:299-307. 2009....
- Bone HDR brachytherapy in a patient with recurrent Ewing's sarcoma of the acetabulum: alternative to aggressive surgeryRafael Martinez-Monge
Department of Oncology, University of Navarre, Pamplona, Spain
Brachytherapy 2:114-6. 2003..The patient died 11 months after surgery without signs or symptoms of bony damage and retained the ability to walk for the remainder of her life...
- Perioperative high-dose-rate brachytherapy in soft tissue sarcomas of the extremity and superficial trunk in adults: initial results of a pilot studyRafael Martinez-Monge
Department of Oncology, University of Navarra Clinic, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Brachytherapy 4:264-70. 2005..This study was undertaken to determine the feasibility of perioperative high-dose-rate brachytherapy (PHDRB) as an alternative to standard low-dose-rate brachytherapy in adult patients with soft tissue sarcomas...
- Proteomic analysis of chemonaive pediatric osteosarcomas and corresponding normal bone reveals multiple altered molecular targetsCecilia Folio
Department of Pediatrics, University Clinic of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Proteome Res 8:3882-8. 2009....
- Long-term results after resection for bone sarcoma pulmonary metastasesCarlos E García Franco
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:1205-8. 2010..The combination of both chemotherapy and surgical resection is currently the standard treatment options for these patients. We aim to study the influence of different prognostic factors on long-term survival...
- A proposal for the stratification of the risk of locoregional failure after surgical resection, perioperative high dose rate brachytherapy, and external beam irradiation: The University of Navarre predictive modelRafael Martinez-Monge
Department of Radiation Oncology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, University of Navarre, Avda Pío XII s n, Pamplona, Navarre, Spain Electronic address
Brachytherapy 13:400-4. 2014..To develop a simple clinical model predictive of locoregional failure after complete surgical resection followed by perioperative high-dose-rate brachytherapy (PHDRB) and external beam irradiation (EBRT)...
- Use of brachytherapy in children with cancer: the search for an uncomplicated cureRafael Martinez-Monge
Radiation Oncology Division, Department of Oncology, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Lancet Oncol 7:157-66. 2006....
- Profiling of chemonaive osteosarcoma and paired-normal cells identifies EBF2 as a mediator of osteoprotegerin inhibition to tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosisAna Patino-Garcia
Laboratories of Pediatrics, University Hospital, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 15:5082-91. 2009..At present, the mechanisms of initiation, maintenance, and metastasis are poorly understood. The purpose of this study was to identify relevant molecular targets in the pathogenesis of osteosarcoma...
- Periosteal osteosarcoma--a European review of outcomeRobert J Grimer
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Oncology Service, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Bristol Road South, Northfield, Birmingham B31 2AP, UK
Eur J Cancer 41:2806-11. 2005..Survival was related to appearance of local recurrence (P < 0.0001) but no other single factor. The use of chemotherapy was not shown to be a prognostic factor, but was used in two-thirds of the patients in this study...
- Dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma: prognostic factors and outcome from a European groupRobert J Grimer
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Bristol Road South, Birmingham B31 2AP, UK
Eur J Cancer 43:2060-5. 2007..Because of its rarity, there are few large studies of outcome which might identify potential prognostic factors. In particular there remains uncertainty about the value of chemotherapy for this condition...