J M Ramirez
Affiliation: University of Zaragoza
- Enhanced recovery in colorectal surgery: a multicentre studyJose M Ramirez
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Hospital Clinico Universitario Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain
BMC Surg 11:9. 2011..The present work assesses the short and medium term results achieved by an enhanced recovery program based on previously published protocols...
- Doppler-guided hemorrhoidal artery ligation in the management of symptomatic hemorrhoidsJ M Ramirez
Section of Coloproctology, Service of Surgery B, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Zaragoza, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 97:97-103. 2005..The aim of this study is to clinically test the efficacy of a new approach for patients having symptomatic grade III and IV hemorrhoids...
- The utility of endovaginal sonography in the evaluation of fecal incontinenceJ M Ramirez
Unit of Coloproctology, Service of Surgery B, Hospital Clínio Universitario, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 97:317-22. 2005..The endoanal sonography in female patients with faecal incontinence is sometimes difficult and can lead to diagnostic errors. The aim of this study is to evaluate the value of endovaginal sonography in such cases...
- [Local recurrence in colon and rectal cancer]José Manuel Ramírez-Rodríguez
Servicio de Cirugía B, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Zaragoza, Spain
Cir Esp 78:344-50. 2005..If the diagnosis is made when the tumor is in an incurable phase, the aim is to improve the patient's quality of life...
- Local full-thickness excision as first line treatment for sessile rectal adenomas: long-term resultsJose M Ramirez
Departments of Colorectal Surgery, University Hospital, Zaragoza, Spain
Ann Surg 249:225-8. 2009..Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) is the most recent. The purpose of this study is to present our long-term results using TEM for rectal adenomas, paying special attention to the risk factors of harboring a malignancy...
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery for rectal cancer. Long-term oncologic resultsJose M Ramirez
Department of Colorectal Surgery, University Hospital, Zaragoza, Spain
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:437-43. 2011..The principal aim of this paper is to analyze survival and recurrence of patients with rectal cancer who were operated by transanal endoscopic microsurgery with curative intention...
- Predictive ultrasound factors of lymphatic invasion in rectal cancer: "extra-corporeal" studyJ M Ramírez Rodríguez
Department of Surgery, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Zaragoza, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 103:299-303. 2011....
- Efficiency and outcomes of harmonic device in transanal endoscopic microsurgery compared with monopolar scalpelJ A Gracia
Coloproctology Unit, Department of Surgery, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Zaragoza, Spain
Surg Endosc 25:3209-13. 2011..An important fact when facing new technologies is their cost for the Health Publishes. The purpose of this paper is to compare the costs of performing TEM with harmonic scalpel and classic monopolar scalpel and to analyze complications...
- Metabolic syndrome after bariatric surgery. Results depending on the technique performedJose Antonio Gracia-Solanas
Department of Surgery, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Zaragoza, Spain
Obes Surg 21:179-85. 2011..Our aim is to show the evolution of the parameters that define the metabolic syndrome after bariatric surgery, up to 10 years of follow-up, in order to clarify what technique gets better results with fewer complications...