Affiliation: University of Barcelona
- CD10 expression in epithelial tissues and tumors of the gynecologic tract: a useful marker in the diagnosis of mesonephric, trophoblastic, and clear cell tumorsJaume Ordi
Department of Pathology, University of Barcelona, School of Medicine, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 27:178-86. 2003....
- [Contribution of high risk human papillomavirus testing to the management of premalignant and malignant lesions of the uterine cervix]Jaume Ordi
Servei d Anatomia Patològica, Centre de Diagnostic Biomedic, Hospital Clinic Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 121:441-5. 2003..In the present study, we evaluated the usefulness of the detection of HR-HPV in a cervical pathology unit...
- Mesonephric adenocarcinoma of the uterine corpus: CD10 expression as evidence of mesonephric differentiationJ Ordi
Department of Pathology, Hospital Clínic Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, School of Medicine, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1540-5. 2001..Therefore, the expression of CD10 by mesonephric remnants may be useful in establishing the diagnosis of tumors with mesonephric differentiation...
- Placental malaria is associated with cell-mediated inflammatory responses with selective absence of natural killer cellsJ Ordi
Department of Pathology, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS Hospital Clínic, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Barcelona, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Infect Dis 183:1100-7. 2001..These results indicate that placental malaria does not appear to be associated with cell-mediated immunosuppression. The role of the absence of NK cells in increased susceptibility to malaria needs to be further elucidated...
- Role of magnetic resonance imaging and cause of pitfalls in detecting myometrial invasion and cervical involvement in endometrial cancerA Sanjuan
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Gynecol Obstet 278:535-9. 2008..To determine the diagnostic accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in detecting myometrial invasion and cervical involvement in endometrial cancer...
- Preoperative and intraoperative assessment of myometrial invasion and histologic grade in endometrial cancer: role of magnetic resonance imaging and frozen sectionA Sanjuan
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, University of Barcelona, Villaroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:385-90. 2006..MRI would have a fringe benefit in these patients...
- The impact of placental malaria on gestational age and birth weightC Menendez
Unidad de Epidemiologia y Bioestadistica, Hospital Clinic, E 08036, Barcelona, Spain
J Infect Dis 181:1740-5. 2000..This study also shows that placental malaria causes prematurity even in high-transmission areas. The impact of maternal malaria on infant mortality may be greater than was thought previously...
- Effects of estradiol, cyproterone acetate, tibolone and raloxifene on uterus and aorta atherosclerosis in oophorectomized cholesterol-fed rabbitsA Sanjuan
Section of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Menopause Clinic, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, University of Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Maturitas 45:59-66. 2003..Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is a major health problem and tibolone, raloxifene, estradiol (alone or with cyproterone acetate) have been added to cholesterol-fed rabbits to study atherosclerosis...
- Intraoperative post-conisation human papillomavirus testing for early detection of treatment failure in patients with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: a pilot studyA Torne
Institut Clinic of Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Neonatology, Hospital Clinic Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
BJOG 120:392-9. 2013..To evaluate the feasibility and utility of intraoperative post-conisation human papillomavirus (IOP-HPV) testing and cytology to detect treatment failure in patients with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grades 2-3 (CIN2-3)...
- Laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma in HIV-positive patients: lack of association with human papillomavirus infectionS Moyano
Departments of Pathology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
HIV Med 10:634-9. 2009....
- Raloxifene inhibits cholesterol aortic content but not atherosclerotic plaque size in oophorectomised cholesterol-fed rabbitsC Castelo-Branco
Menopause Clinic, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Public Health Department, Hospital Clinic Provincial, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:47-51. 2004..82 +/- 2.14 mg col/aortic mg versus 8.55 +/- 4.63 (group OP) and 11.97 +/- 11.33 (group SP). P<0.001. Raloxifene reduced aortic cholesterol content but not the atherosclerotic plaque extension in cholesterol-fed ovariectomised rabbits...
- Liver conditioning after cardiac arrest: the use of normothermic recirculation in an experimental animal modelJ C Garcia-Valdecasas
Department of Surgery, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, Spain
Transpl Int 11:424-32. 1998..Histological changes also indicate lesion reversibility, since they almost disappear after 5 days...
- [Sentinel node in gynaecological cancers. Our experience]S Vidal-Sicart
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, CDI, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 28:221-8. 2009....
- Port-site metastasis after laparoscopic surgery for endometrial carcinoma: two case reportsA Sanjuan
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Hospital Clinic Provincial, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Gynecol Oncol 96:539-42. 2005..Long-term follow-up is necessary to detect possible adverse effects of this technique...
- Highly effective compensatory mechanisms in a 76-year-old man with a coarctation of the aortaO Miro
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Cardiology 92:284-6. 1999..He died from intrahospitalary pneumonia, unrelated to CA. Long-term survival in patients with untreated CA is exceptional, with only 11 patients living into their 70s being previously reported. A review of these cases is included...
- Mid-luteal serum inhibin-A concentration as a marker of endometrial differentiationM Creus
Institut Clinic of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, , Barcelona, Spain
Hum Reprod 16:1347-52. 2001..CONCLUSION: Mid-luteal serum inhibin-A determination does not accurately reflect endometrial function/maturation and it is not a better indicator of endometrial luteal phase dysfunction than mid-luteal serum progesterone...
- Uterine sarcomas in breast cancer patients treated with tamoxifenM Arenas
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Clinic, Institut de Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:861-5. 2006..Although only 65 cases have been reported in the past 14 years, a strict follow-up is necessary in patients with breast cancer receiving TMX therapy...
- Mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1: association with malaria prevention, anaemia and placental malariaD Naniche
Barcelona Center for International Health Research CRESIB, Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
HIV Med 9:757-64. 2008..Prevention of malaria in pregnancy could thus potentially affect MTCT of HIV. We studied the impact of intermittent preventive treatment during pregnancy (IPTp) on HIV-1 MTCT in southern Mozambique...
- Familial CD8 deficiency due to a mutation in the CD8 alpha geneO de la Calle-Martin
Department of Immunology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Invest 108:117-23. 2001..A novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8(+) cells is described. These findings may help to further understanding of the role of CD8 molecules in human immune response...
- Bone disease after liver transplantation: a long-term prospective study of bone mass changes, hormonal status and histomorphometric characteristicsA Monegal
Department of Rheumatology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Osteoporos Int 12:484-92. 2001..Treatment of osteoporosis shortly after liver transplantation may be important in the prevention of bone fractures, particularly in patients with low bone mass...
- Immunohistochemical staining for p16 and p53 in premalignant and malignant epithelial lesions of the vulvaMonica Santos
Departments of Pathology, Hospital Clínic Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, School of Medicine, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Gynecol Pathol 23:206-14. 2004..In conclusion, p16 immunostaining is a good discriminator between HPV-associated and HPV-unrelated vulvar carcinomas and VIN, although it cannot differentiate basaloid squamous and basal cell carcinoma...
- Is vascular and lymphatic space invasion a main prognostic factor in uterine neoplasms with a sarcomatous component? A retrospective study of prognostic factors of 60 patients stratified by stagesAngeles Rovirosa
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Clinic i Universitari, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:1320-9. 2002..Special emphasis has been given to vascular and lymphatic space invasion (VLSI)...
- p16 overexpression identifies HPV-positive vulvar squamous cell carcinomasMonica Santos
Department of Pathology, Hospital Clínic Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1347-56. 2006..Immunostaining for p16 is a reliable marker for HPV-positive VSSCs, which improves the results of histologic classification...
- Validation and application of the sentinel lymph node concept in malignant vulvar tumoursSergi Vidal-Sicart
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:384-91. 2007..The aims of this study were firstly to determine the reliability of SLN biopsy in predicting regional lymph node status and secondly to apply this technique in the routine clinical setting...
- Further data on the usefulness of sentinel lymph node identification and ultrastaging in vulvar squamous cell carcinomaLuis M Puig-Tintore
Section of Gynecologic Oncology, Institut Clinic de Ginecologia, Obstetricia i Neonatologia ICGON, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Gynecol Oncol 88:29-34. 2003....
- Carcinoma of the fallopian tube presenting as acute pelvic inflammatory diseaseCleofe Romagosa
Department of Pathology, Hospital Clínic Institut d Investigaciones Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, School of Medicine, Barcelona
Gynecol Oncol 89:181-4. 2003..Primary carcinomas of the fallopian tube are rare and their preoperative diagnosis is difficult due to the lack of specific symptoms...
- CYFRA 21.1 in patients with cervical cancer: comparison with SCC and CEARafael Molina
Unit of Cancer Research Laboratory of Clinical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Anticancer Res 25:1765-71. 2005..In conclusion, SCC is the tumor marker of choice in squamous tumors and the addition of CEA or CYFRA 21.1 does not significantly increase the sensitivity obtained by using SCC alone...
- Recurrence and survival in surgically treated endometrioid endometrial cancerAlex Sanjuán
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 10:505-11. 2008..The objective of this study was to evaluate different surgical treatments and radiotherapy on patterns of recurrence and overall survival in patients with endometrioid-type endometrial cancer...
- Activity of chemotherapy with carboplatin plus paclitaxel in a recurrent mesonephric adenocarcinoma of the uterine corpusClara Montagut
Department of Medical Oncology, Institute of Oncology and Haematology, University of Barcelona, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Gynecol Oncol 90:458-61. 2003..Because of the small number of cases, no current recommendations exist regarding treatment, and little is known about the response to chemotherapeutic agents...
- Adenomatoid tumors of the uterus: an analysis of 60 casesFrancisco F Nogales
Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Granada, Spain
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:34-40. 2002..Although a reactive origin for ATs often seems plausible, especially when inflammation is present, their neoplastic nature should not be ignored...
- High-risk cervical epithelial neoplasia grade 1 treated by loop electrosurgical excision: follow-up and value of HPV testingImmaculada Alonso
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Barcelona School of Medicine, IDIBAPS Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:359.e1-6. 2007....
- Human papillomavirus load in Hybrid Capture II assay: does increasing the cutoff improve the test?Jaume Ordi
Department of Anatomical Pathology, IDIBAPS Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, School of Medicine, C Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Gynecol Oncol 99:313-9. 2005....
- Leiomyomatosis peritonealis disseminata (2006: 9b)Neus Ruscalleda
Department of of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Eur Radiol 16:2879-82. 2006
- Prospective evaluation of squamous cell carcinoma and carcinoembryonic antigen as prognostic factors in patients with cervical cancerRafael Molina
Cancer Research Unit, Laboratory of Clinical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Tumour Biol 24:156-64. 2003..In conclusion, CEA and SCC are useful tumor markers in carcinomas of the uterine cervix, with a clear relationship with well-known prognostic factors (parametrial invasion, nodal involvement), and are of prognostic value...