Affiliation: University of Murcia
- Montero J, Gómez Abellán V, Arizcun M, Mulero V, Sepulcre M. Prostaglandin E2 promotes M2 polarization of macrophages via a cAMP/CREB signaling pathway and deactivates granulocytes in teleost fish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;55:632-41 pubmed publisher..Our data identify for the first time a role for professional phagocyte-derived-PGE2 in the resolution of inflammation in fish and highlight key differences in the PGE2 signaling pathway in macrophages and granulocytes. ..
- Boltaña S, Castellana B, Goetz G, Tort L, Teles M, Mulero V, et al. Extending Immunological Profiling in the Gilthead Sea Bream, Sparus aurata, by Enriched cDNA Library Analysis, Microarray Design and Initial Studies upon the Inflammatory Response to PAMPs. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..We have developed and validated an oligonucleotide microarray (SAQ) that provides a platform enriched for the study of gene expression in S. aurata with an emphasis upon immunity and the immune response. ..
- Sarropoulou E, Sepulcre P, Poisa Beiro L, Mulero V, Meseguer J, Figueras A, et al. Profiling of infection specific mRNA transcripts of the European seabass Dicentrarchus labrax. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:157 pubmed publisher..In addition some of the potentially interesting genes identified by in silico analysis and confirmed by real-time PCR are putative biomarkers for bacterial and viral infections in fish. ..
- Alcaraz Pérez F, Mulero V, Cayuela M. Application of the dual-luciferase reporter assay to the analysis of promoter activity in Zebrafish embryos. BMC Biotechnol. 2008;8:81 pubmed publisher..Among others, the assay allows a rapid and quantitative measurement of the effects of particular genes or drugs in a given promoter in the context of a whole organism and it can also be used in high throughput screening experiments. ..
- LÃ³pez MuÃ±oz A, Liarte S, GÃ³mez GonzÃ¡lez N, Cabas I, Meseguer J, GarcÃa Ayala A, et al. Estrogen receptor 2b deficiency impairs the antiviral response of zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;53:55-62 pubmed publisher..All together, these results uncover an important role for E2 and Esr signaling in the fine-tuning of sexual hormone balance and the antiviral response of vertebrates. ..
- Candel S, Sepulcre M, EspÃn PalazÃ³n R, Tyrkalska S, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, et al. Md1 and Rp105 regulate innate immunity and viral resistance in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;50:155-65 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on the evolutionary history of Md1 and Rp105 and uncover a previously unappreciated function of these molecules in the regulation of innate immunity. ..