Affiliation: University Hospital Virgen Macarena
- Dysplastic pointillist nevusDavid Moreno-Ramirez
Department of Dermatology, Pigmented Lesion and Teledermatology Clinic, University Hospital Virgen Macarena, Seville, Spain
Arch Dermatol 141:763-4. 2005..Three cases of pointillist nevus, which is a distinctive clinical type of benign melanocytic nevus with variegated pigment, have been described in the literature to date...
- Isolated limb perfusion for malignant melanoma: systematic review on effectiveness and safetyDavid Moreno-Ramirez
Melanoma Unit, Dermatology Department, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Seville, Spain
Oncologist 15:416-27. 2010..Unresectable locally advanced melanoma of the limbs represents one of the clinical settings in which ILP has demonstrated benefits...
- [Study and treatment of locally advanced melanoma]D Moreno-Ramirez
Departamento de Dermatología Médico Quirúrgica y Venereología, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 100:767-79. 2009..In any case, therapeutic options for locally advanced melanoma should be individualized, and should take into consideration the availability of each of these techniques as well as the experience of the health care team...
- Economic evaluation of a store-and-forward teledermatology system for skin cancer patientsDavid Moreno-Ramirez
Dermatology Department, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Seville, Spain
J Telemed Telecare 15:40-5. 2009..Teledermatology resulted in a more cost-effective, or dominant, methodology. In a public health system equipped with an intranet, the routine use of teledermatology in skin cancer clinics is a cost-effective method of managing referrals...
- [Teledermatology]David Moreno-Ramirez
Servicio de Dermatología Médico Quirúrgica y Venereología, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 130:496-503. 2008
- [Diagnostic and therapeutic assessment of frontal fibrosing alopecia]D Moreno-Ramirez
Departamento de Dermatología Médico Quirúrgica y Venereología Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena Sevilla España
Actas Dermosifiliogr 98:594-602. 2007..Although numerous therapeutic options have been tested, including corticosteroids, finasteride, and minoxidil, none have shown clear benefits in terms of halting the progression of the alopecia...
- Store-and-forward teledermatology in skin cancer triage: experience and evaluation of 2009 teleconsultationsDavid Moreno-Ramirez
Pigmented Lesion, Skin Cancer, and Teledermatology Clinic, University Hospital Virgen Macarena, Seville, Spain
Arch Dermatol 143:479-84. 2007..To evaluate a store-and-forward teledermatology system aimed at the routine triage of patients with skin cancer...
- [Treatment of moderate-to-severe psoriasis in clinical practice: a survey of Spanish dermatologists]D Moreno-Ramirez
Servicio de Dermatología Médico Quirúrgica y Venereología, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 101:858-65. 2010..We undertook a survey among dermatologists to assess the treatment of moderate-to-severe psoriasis currently used in clinical practice in Spain...
- Teledermatology as a filtering system in pigmented lesion clinicsD Moreno-Ramirez
Pigmented Lesion and Teledermatology Clinic of the Dermatology Department, University Hospital Virgen Macarena, Avda Dr Fedriani s n, 41073 Seville, Spain
J Telemed Telecare 11:298-303. 2005..Teledermatology performed well as a filtering system for the PLC. However, more experience is needed to detect the real effect, if any, of teleconsultation on the early diagnosis and prognosis of melanoma...
- Frontal fibrosing alopecia: a survey in 16 patientsD Moreno-Ramirez
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Virgen Macarena, Seville, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 19:700-5. 2005..Further cases of PFFA have been reported to date, all of them considering it as a variant of lichen planopilaris on the basis of its clinical, histological and immunohistochemical features...
- Teledermatoscopy as a triage system for pigmented lesions: a pilot studyD Moreno-Ramirez
Pigmented Lesion and Teledermatology Clinic, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Virgen Macarena, Seville, Spain
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:13-8. 2006..Skin-cancer screening should rely on simple, low-cost and high-sensitivity diagnostic procedures...
- [Evaluation of a screening system for patients with pigmented lesions using store-and-forward teleconsultation]David Moreno
Unidad de Lesiones Pigmentadas y Teledermatología, Departamento de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Avda Dr Fedriani 3, 41071 Seville, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 96:222-30. 2005..However, the most appropriate method of selecting patients who need to be seen in these units is not clearly defined. Teledermatology is a tool whose usefulness as a patient selection system for PLC's needs to be evaluated...
- Teledermatology-based presurgical management for nonmelanoma skin cancer: a pilot studyLara Ferrandiz
Pigmented Lesion, Skin Cancer and Teledermatology Clinic, University Hospital Virgen Macarena, Seville, Spain
Dermatol Surg 33:1092-8. 2007..To date, no previous experiences of teledermatology (TD) as a preoperative management facility have been published...
- Shave excision of common acquired melanocytic nevi: cosmetic outcome, recurrences, and complicationsLara Ferrandiz
Pigmented Lesion Clinic, Dermatology Department, University Hospital Virgen Macarena, Seville, Spain
Dermatol Surg 31:1112-5. 2005..The present study evaluates the results obtained by shave excision of benign pigmented lesions in terms of cosmetic outcome, recurrence rates, and complications from both a subjective and an objective point of view...
- [An economic analysis of presurgical teledermatology in patients with nonmelanoma skin cancer]L Ferrandiz
Departamento de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 99:795-802. 2008..In patients with nonmelanoma skin cancer, store-and-forward teledermatology allows satisfactory diagnosis and surgical planning, thus shortening waiting lists and reducing travel requirements for patients in special situations...
- [Cutaneous bronchogenic cyst]Patricia Avalos
Departamento de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Avda Dr Fedriani 3, 41071 Seville, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 96:186-7. 2005..We emphasize the fact that, in nearly all cases, the diagnosis of this pathology is made through a histopathological study, and we make special reference to the differential diagnoses...
- Dermoscopy of solitary angiokeratomas: a morphological studyPedro Zaballos
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 143:318-25. 2007....
- Granular cell atypical fibroxanthoma: report of two casesJuan José Ríos-Martín
Department of Pathology, Virgen Macarena University Hospital, Seville, Spain
Am J Dermatopathol 29:84-7. 2007..Degenerative change may explain the granular phenotype in these two cases of AFX. The differential diagnosis with primitive nonneural granular cell tumor is discussed...