Affiliation: University of Navarra
- Intratumoral injection of dendritic cells engineered to secrete interleukin-12 by recombinant adenovirus in patients with metastatic gastrointestinal carcinomasGuillermo Mazzolini
Division of Hepatology and Gene Therapy, Department of Radiology, Clinica Universitaria School of Medicine, University of Navarra, C Irunlarrea, S N, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 23:999-1010. 2005..Secondarily, we have evaluated biologic effects and antitumoral activity...
- Gene therapy of cancer with interleukin-12Guillermo Mazzolini
Division of Hepatology and Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, Centro de Investigación Médica Aplicada FIMA, School of Medicine and Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Curr Pharm Des 9:1981-91. 2003....
- Anti-ICAM-2 monoclonal antibody synergizes with intratumor gene transfer of interleukin-12 inhibiting activation-induced T-cell deathIgnacio Melero
Centro de Investigación Médica Aplicada CIMA, Facultad de Medicina, Gene Therapy Unit, Universidad de Navarra, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 9:3546-54. 2003..We sought to design combined therapy strategies with AdCMVIL-12 plus anti-ICAM-2 mAbs and to identify their mechanism of action...
- Potentiation of therapeutic immune responses against malignancies with monoclonal antibodiesOihana Murillo
Centro de Investigación Médica Aplicada and Clinica Universitaria, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 9:5454-64. 2003..This new group of antitumor agents holds promise for at least additive effects with conventional therapies of cancer and deserves intensive translational research...
- Dendritic cells delivered inside human carcinomas are sequestered by interleukin-8Esperanza Feijoo
Division of Hepatology and Gene Therapy, Clinica Universitaria School of Medicine, Foundation for Applied Medical Research, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Int J Cancer 116:275-81. 2005..Impairment of DC migration toward lymphoid tissue could be involved in cancer immune evasion...
- An anti-ICAM-2 (CD102) monoclonal antibody induces immune-mediated regressions of transplanted ICAM-2-negative colon carcinomasIgnacio Melero
Gene Therapy Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Navarra School of Medicine, C Irunlarrea, I 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Cancer Res 62:3167-74. 2002....
- Positron emission tomography imaging of adenoviral-mediated transgene expression in liver cancer patientsIvan Penuelas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universitaria de Navarro, Pamplona, Spain
Gastroenterology 128:1787-95. 2005....
- Effective tumor immunotherapy: start the engine, release the brakes, step on the gas pedal,...and get ready to face autoimmunityIñigo Tirapu
Gene Therapy Division, Facultad de Medicina and Clinica Universitaria, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 50:13-8. 2002....
- Biologic therapy of liver tumorsJesus Prieto
Division of Hepatology and Gene Therapy, Fundación para la Investigación Médica Aplicada FIMA, University of Navarra, Avenida Pio XII s n, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
Surg Clin North Am 84:673-96. 2004..Combination of biological modifiers, gene therapy, and cell therapy will hopefully provide efficient means to combat inoperable neoplasms in a not-very-distant future...
- Clinical implications of antigen transfer mechanisms from malignant to dendritic cells. exploiting cross-primingAinhoa Arina
Centro de Investigación Médica Aplicada CIMA, School of Medicine and Cell Therapy Area Clínica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Exp Hematol 30:1355-64. 2002..Artificial enhancement of tumor antigen cross-presentation and control of the immune-promoting status of the antigen-presenting DC will have important therapeutic implications in the near future...
- Gene therapy of liver diseasesJesus Prieto
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Avda Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Expert Opin Biol Ther 4:1073-91. 2004..Recent progress in vector technology and imaging techniques, allowing in vivo assessment of gene expression, will facilitate the development of clinical applications of gene therapy...
- Upregulation of natural killer cells functions underlies the efficacy of intratumorally injected dendritic cells engineered to produce interleukin-12Mercedes Rodriguez-Calvillo
Gene Therapy Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Exp Hematol 30:195-204. 2002..The aim of this work was to study the possible involvement of natural killer (NK) cells in this setting...
- Interleukin-15 in gene therapy of cancerMaria C Ochoa
Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Avda Pio XII, 55 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Curr Gene Ther 13:15-30. 2013..Detailed mechanistic knowledge of IL-15 biology is envisaged to make the most of a powerful immunotherapeutic tool ranked as one of the most promising for cancer immunotherapy...
- Antitumor immunotherapeutic and toxic properties of an HDL-conjugated chimeric IL-15 fusion proteinMaria C Ochoa
Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Cancer Res 73:139-49. 2013..Sushi-IL-15-Apo as a recombinant protein was also bioactive in vivo, became conjugated to HDL, and displayed immunotherapeutic effects against metastatic disease...
- Positron emission tomography and gene therapy: basic concepts and experimental approaches for in vivo gene expression imagingIvan Penuelas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Mol Imaging Biol 6:225-38. 2004....
- Phase I trial of intratumoral injection of an adenovirus encoding interleukin-12 for advanced digestive tumorsBruno Sangro
Liver Unit, Division of Gene Therapy, Department of Internal Medicine, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarre, Ap 4209 Pamplona 31080, Spain
J Clin Oncol 22:1389-97. 2004..To evaluate the feasibility and safety of intratumoral injection of an adenoviral vector encoding human interleukin-12 genes (Ad.IL-12) and secondarily, its biologic effect for the treatment of advanced digestive tumors...
- Intratumoural administration of dendritic cells: hostile environment and help by gene therapyEduardo Huarte
University of Navarra School of Medicine, Gene Therapy Unit, Centro Investigación Médica Aplicada CIMA, Avda Pio XII, 55, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
Expert Opin Biol Ther 5:7-22. 2005..Several molecular strategies are being devised to interfere with the immunosuppressive actions of these substances and to further enhance the level of anticancer immunity achieved after artificial release of DCs intratumourally...
- [In vivo evaluation of gene transfer]Guillermo Mazzolini
Medicina (B Aires) 62:375-6. 2002
- Cytokine gene transfer for cancer therapyOsvaldo L Podhajcer
Gene Therapy Laboratory, Instituto Leloir CONICET, University of Buenos Aires, Av Patricias Argentinas 435, C1405BWE Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 18:183-94. 2007....
- Immunotherapy and immunoescape in colorectal cancerGuillermo Mazzolini
Liver Unit, Facutad de Ciencias Biomédicas, Universidad Austral, Av Presidente Perón 1500, 1635 Derqui Pilar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
World J Gastroenterol 13:5822-31. 2007....
- Improving efficacy of interleukin-12-transfected dendritic cells injected into murine colon cancer with anti-CD137 monoclonal antibodies and alloantigensIñigo Tirapu
Gene Therapy Division, Fundacion para la Investigacion Medica Aplicada, University of Navarre, Irunlarrea s n 31008 Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
Int J Cancer 110:51-60. 2004..Supplementary Material for this article can be found on the International Journal of Cancer website at http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0020-7136/suppmat/index.html...
- [Role of interleukin-12 in cancer immunotherapy]Guillermo Mazzolini
Medicina (B Aires) 64:77-8. 2004
- MAGE antigens: therapeutic targets in hepatocellular carcinoma?Pablo Sarobe
J Hepatol 40:155-8. 2004