Affiliation: University of Barcelona
- Non-invasive pressure support ventilation versus conventional oxygen therapy in acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema: a randomised trialJ Masip
Cardiology Department, Consorci Sanitari Creu Roja de Catalunya, Hospital Creu Roja de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Spain
Lancet 356:2126-32. 2000..We assessed the efficacy of this therapy in acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema in a randomised comparison with conventional oxygen therapy...
- Risk factors for intubation as a guide for noninvasive ventilation in patients with severe acute cardiogenic pulmonary edemaJosep Masip
ICU Department, Hospital Dos de Maig, Consorci Sanitari Integral, Dos de Maig 305, 08025, Barcelona, Spain
Intensive Care Med 29:1921-8. 2003..We analyzed a cohort of patients with severe acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema managed by conventional therapy to identify risk factors for intubation. These factors were used as guide for indications for noninvasive ventilation...
- Noninvasive ventilation for pulmonary edema in the emergency roomJosep Masip
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169:1072; author reply 1072-3. 2004
- Noninvasive ventilation in acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema: systematic review and meta-analysisJosep Masip
ICU Department, Hospital Dos de Maig Consorci Sanitari Integral, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
JAMA 294:3124-30. 2005..In patients with acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema noninvasive ventilation may reduce intubation rate, but the impact on mortality and the superiority of one technique over another have not been clearly established...
- Non-invasive ventilationJosep Masip
ICU Hospital Dos de Maig, Consorci Sanitari Integral, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Heart Fail Rev 12:119-24. 2007..The use of facial masks, high FiO(2), and sedation with opiates are complementary maneuvers that may be recommended in this context in the majority of patients...
- Practical recommendations for prehospital and early in-hospital management of patients presenting with acute heart failure syndromesAlexandre Mebazaa
Hôpital Lariboisière APHP, University Paris 7 Diderot, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 36:S129-39. 2008..Rather, they are meant to serve as a tool to facilitate guideline implementation where data are available and to provide suggested treatment approaches where formal guidelines and definitive evidence are lacking...
- Hypocapnia in acute pulmonary edemaJosep Masip
Respiration 71:657. 2004
- Early continuous positive airway pressure in acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedemaJosep Masip
Eur Heart J 28:2823-4. 2007
- Design and rationale of the URGENT Dyspnea study: an international, multicenter, prospective studyPeter S Pang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Ther 15:299-303. 2008..URGENT Dyspnea (Ularitide Global Evaluation in Acute Decompensated Heart Failure) is a prospective multicenter study designed to address these issues...