Affiliation: University of Zaragoza
- Prevalence of dementia in a southern European population in two different time periods: the ZARADEMP ProjectA Lobo
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Zaragoza, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 116:299-307. 2007..To compare the prevalence of dementia in two different time periods and two different studies...
- Woody plant richness and NDVI response to drought events in Catalonian (northeastern Spain) forestsF Lloret
CREAF Center for Ecological Research and Forestry Applications, Departament de Biologia Animal, Biologia Vegetal i Ecologia, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Ecology 88:2270-9. 2007..The study points to the convenience of considering the causes of disturbance in relation to current environmental gradients and historical environmental constraints on the community...
- Prevalence and implications of psychopathological non-cognitive symptoms in dementiaP Saz
Department of Medicine and Psychiatry, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 119:107-16. 2009..Clinical experience and recent population studies suggest that psychopathological, non-cognitive symptoms are both frequent and relevant in dementia...
- Reliability of INTERMED Spanish version and applicability in liver transplant patients: a cross-sectional studyElena Lobo
Departamento de Medicina Preventiva y Salud Publica, Universidad de Zaragoza, Domingo Miral s n, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 11:160. 2011..This study aims to document the reliability and applicability of the Spanish version of INTERMED in liver transplant patients...
- Incidence and lifetime risk of dementia and Alzheimer's disease in a Southern European populationA Lobo
Psychiatry Service, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Zaragoza, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 124:372-83. 2011..To calculate both the incidence rates and the lifetime risk (LTR) of dementia and Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Non-cognitive psychopathological symptoms associated with incident mild cognitive impairment and dementia, Alzheimer's typeAntonio Lobo
Department of Psychiatry, University of Zaragoza, Instituto Aragonés de Ciencias de la Salud and Hospital Clínico Universitario, Zaragoza, Spain
Neurotox Res 14:263-72. 2008..To test the hypothesis that specific psychopathological non-cognitive symptoms are associated with incident mild cognitive impairment (MCI), while different symptoms are associated with incident dementia of Alzheimer's type (DAT)...
- Spanish perspective on enlarging a small specialty: the national research network for liaison psychiatry and psychosomaticsA Lobo
The Spanish Research Network in Liaison Psychiatry and Psychosomatics REPEP, National Institute of Health, Carlos III, and El Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria FIS, Spain
Psychosomatics 48:46-53. 2007..Synergies in the network have been potentiated; an ambitious national study on depressive comorbidity in complex medical patients has been executed; and new research and training programs have been initiated...
- [Revalidation and standardization of the cognition mini-exam (first Spanish version of the Mini-Mental Status Examination) in the general geriatric population]A Lobo
Servicio de Psicosomática, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Zaragoza
Med Clin (Barc) 112:767-74. 1999....
- Mortality and mental disorders in a Spanish elderly populationP Saz
Departamento de Medicina y Psiquiatria, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:1031-8. 1999..To analyse the relationship between mental disorders and mortality rates in the elderly community of Zaragoza, Spain...
- [The assessment of working memory by Mini-Mental State Examination]L F Pascual
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Espana
Rev Neurol 30:1-4. 2000..This function is probably mediated by the working memory (WM) system...
- The MATRICS consensus cognitive battery (MCCB): co-norming and standardization in SpainR Rodriguez-Jimenez
Department of Psychiatry, Instituto de Investigación Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Schizophr Res 134:279-84. 2012..S. The fact that the normative data are comparable, and that the variables age, gender, and education have a similar influence on performance, supports the robustness of the MCCB for use in different countries...
- Prevalent and incident depression in community-dwelling elderly persons with diabetes mellitus: results from the ZARADEMP projectP de Jonge
Department of Psychiatry, University of Groningen, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 49:2627-33. 2006..Therefore, it remains unclear whether diabetes is a risk factor for the development of depression. Moreover, it is not clear if this effect is influenced by other chronic diseases and functional disabilities...
- Effect of smoking on global cognitive function in nondemented elderlyA Ott
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics Drs Hofman, Launer, Ott, and Stijnen, Erasmus University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Neurology 62:920-4. 2004..Contrary to early case-control studies that suggested smoking protects against Alzheimer disease (AD), recent prospective studies have shown that elderly who smoke may be at increased risk for dementia...
- Religion as a cross-cultural determinant of depression in elderly Europeans: results from the EURODEP collaborationA W Braam
Department of Psychiatry, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Psychol Med 31:803-14. 2001..Religious practice, especially when it is embedded within a traditional value-orientation, may facilitate coping with adversity in later life...
- [Prevalence of vascular risk factors among Spanish populations aged 70 years and over, as reported in door-to-door studies on neurological diseases]J L del Barrio
Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Centro Nacional de Epidemiologia, Madrid, Spain
Neurologia 22:138-46. 2007..The aim of this study was to re-analyze door-to-door studies on neurological diseases among the elderly, in which vascular risk factors (VRF) were studied, describing methodological characteristics and prevalence of VRF...