Affiliation: University of Murcia
- Dietary trans fatty acids in early life: a reviewE Larque
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Biology, University of Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, 30100, Murcia, Spain
Early Hum Dev 65:S31-41. 2001..Further investigations in humans are needed to definitively establish the potential physiological consequences of trans fatty-acid intake during the neonatal period...
- Influence of dietary protein type and iron source on the absorption of amino acids and mineralsF Perez-Llamas
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Murcia, Spain
J Physiol Biochem 57:321-8. 2001....
- Postprandial response of trans fatty acids in prepubertal obese childrenE Larque
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:1488-93. 2006..To evaluate the intake, plasma concentrations and postprandial response of trans fatty acids in obese and control children at prepubertal age in order to detect potential associations with childhood obesity...
- Adiponectin is associated with serum and adipose tissue fatty acid composition in ratsF Perez de Heredia
Dept Physiology, University of Murcia, Paseo Rector Sabater s n, Campus de Espinardo, 30100 Murcia, Spain
J Endocrinol Invest 32:659-65. 2009..In addition, most associations were found in the visceral depots, highlighting the importance of visceral fat in the metabolic status...
- Dietary fructooligosaccharides and potential benefits on healthM Sabater-Molina
Department of Physiology, University of Murcia, Spain
J Physiol Biochem 65:315-28. 2009....
- Cortisol secretary pattern and glucocorticoid feedback sensitivity in women from a Mediterranean area: relationship with anthropometric characteristics, dietary intake and plasma fatty acid profileM D Garcia-Prieto
Department of Physiology, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 66:185-91. 2007..Chronic stress is associated with a dysfunctional hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis consisting on disturbances on the cortisol response and lipid metabolism...
- Polyamines in human breast milk for preterm and term infantsJ Plaza-Zamora
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Biology, Campus Mare Nostrum, University of Murcia, 30100, Murcia, Spain
Br J Nutr 110:524-8. 2013..In conclusion, the polyamine concentration was significantly higher in human milk for preterm than for term infants. This and the different spermidine/spermine ratios could influence the gut development of premature babies...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone-sulphate replacement improves the human plasma fatty acid profile in plasma of obese womenC Gómez-Santos
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Murcia, 30100 Murcia, Spain
Steroids 76:1425-32. 2011..In conclusion, DHEA-S treatment in obese women modifies plasma FA composition towards a potentially better metabolic profile, mainly by decreasing SFA and increasing n-6 PUFA in both postmenopausal and premenopausal women...
- Effect of protein hydrolysis on the dialysability of amino acids and minerals in infant formulasF Perez-Llamas
Department of Physiology, University of Murcia, 30100 Murcia, Spain
J Physiol Biochem 59:19-24. 2003..Despite its limitations of having to be carried out in vitro, the study suggests that the nutritional value in relation with amino acids, minerals and trace elements differs between the both types of formulas...