Affiliation: University of Granada
- Socioeconomic status influences physical fitness in European adolescents independently of body fat and physical activity: the HELENA studyD Jimenez Pavon
Department of Health and Human Performance, Faculty of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences INEF, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Nutr Hosp 25:311-6. 2010..The influence of socioeconomic status on health-related fitness is not clear...
- Associations between objectively measured habitual physical activity and adiposity in children and adolescents: Systematic reviewDavid Jiménez-Pavón
Department of Health and Human Performance, Faculty of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences INEF, Technic University of Madrid, Spain
Int J Pediatr Obes 5:3-18. 2010..However, prospective longitudinal studies are warranted; there is a need for more research on younger children, and for more 'dose-response' evidence...
- Fitness and fatness are independently associated with markers of insulin resistance in European adolescents; the HELENA studyDavid Jiménez-Pavón
Department of Medical Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Granada, Spain
Int J Pediatr Obes 6:253-60. 2011....
- Influence of socioeconomic factors on fitness and fatness in Spanish adolescents: the AVENA studyDavid Jiménez-Pavón
Department of Health and Human Performance, Faculty of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences INEF, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
Int J Pediatr Obes 5:467-73. 2010..This study was to examine the influence of socioeconomic status on fitness and fatness in Spanish adolescents...
- Field-based fitness assessment in young people: the ALPHA health-related fitness test battery for children and adolescentsJonatan R Ruiz
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Br J Sports Med 45:518-24. 2011..In conclusion, the ALPHA fitness tests battery is valid, reliable, feasible and safe for the assessment of health-related physical fitness in children and adolescents to be used for health monitoring purposes at population level...
- Physical activity, fitness, and serum leptin concentrations in adolescentsDavid Jiménez-Pavón
GENUD Growth, Exercise, NUtrition and Development Research Group, E U Ciencias de la Salud, University of Zaragoza, Spain
J Pediatr 160:598-603.e2. 2012..To examine the association of physical activity and fitness with leptin concentrations in European adolescents, after taking into account several potential confounders including total body fat (TBF)...
- Physical activity and markers of insulin resistance in adolescents: role of cardiorespiratory fitness levels--the HELENA studyDavid Jiménez-Pavón
GENUD Growth, Exercise, NUtrition and Development Research Group, School of Health Sciences, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Pediatr Diabetes 14:249-58. 2013....
- Attenuation of the effect of the FTO rs9939609 polymorphism on total and central body fat by physical activity in adolescents: the HELENA studyJonatan R Ruiz
Unit for Preventive Nutrition, Department of Biosciences and Nutrition at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:328-33. 2010..To examine whether physical activity attenuates the effect of the FTO rs9939609 polymorphism on body fat estimates in adolescents...
- Climbing time to exhaustion is a determinant of climbing performance in high-level sport climbersVanesa España-Romero
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Granada, 18012 Granada, Spain
Eur J Appl Physiol 107:517-25. 2009..407.7 +/- 150 s, respectively, P = 0.001). These results suggest that, among climbers with a high level of performance, as those analysed in this study, climbing time to exhaustion is a major determinant of climbing performance...
- Effects of a moderate intake of beer on markers of hydration after exercise in the heat: a crossover studyDavid Jiménez-Pavón
Department of Medical Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Granada, Avd Madrid S N, CP 18012 Granada, Spain GALENO Research Group, Department of Physical Education, Univeristy of Cadiz, Puerto Real, Spain
J Int Soc Sports Nutr 12:26. 2015..The aim of our study was to examine whether a moderate beer intake as part of the rehydration has any negative effect protocol after a short but dehydrating bout of exercise in the heat...