Affiliation: University of Valencia
- Lichen sclerosus of the oral mucosa: a case reportYolanda Jimenez
Valencia University, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E403-6. 2008..The biopsy confirmed lichen sclerosus, and treatment was provided in the form of intralesional corticoid injections, followed by improvement of the mucosal lesion, though without recovery of the periodontal loss...
- An update on the management of anticoagulated patients programmed for dental extractions and surgeryYolanda Jimenez
Oral Medicine, Valencia University, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E176-9. 2008....
- Osteonecrosis of the jaws by intravenous bisphosphonates and osteoradionecrosis: a comparative studyJose V Bagan
University General Hospital, Valencia University, 46014 Valencia, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 14:e616-9. 2009..We analyze the possible clinical differences between bone jaw exposed areas in ONJ (osteonecrosis of the jaws) and ORN (osteoradionecrosis)...
- Epstein-Barr virus in oral proliferative verrucous leukoplakia and squamous cell carcinoma: A preliminary studyJose V Bagan
Oral Medicine, Valencia University, Department of Stomatology, University General Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E110-3. 2008..Oral biopsies from all cases were examined for Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) by nested PCR. EBV was detected in 60% of Sub-Group 1 patients (PVL ) and in 40% of Sub-Group 2 (OSCC), but in 0% of Sub-Group 3 (controls)...
- Lack of association between proliferative verrucous leukoplakia and human papillomavirus infectionJose V Bagan
Oral Medicine, Valencia University, Valencia, Spain
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:46-9. 2007..To analyze proliferative verrucous leukoplakia (PVL) for the presence of human papillomavirus (HPV) in different stages of the disease...
- Collagen telopeptide (serum CTX) and its relationship with the size and number of lesions in osteonecrosis of the jaws in cancer patients on intravenous bisphosphonatesJose V Bagan
Service of Stomatology, University General Hospital, Valencia University, Spain
Oral Oncol 44:1088-9. 2008..We found no statistically significant relationships in Group 1 either between the serum CTX and the number of areas of exposed bone nor with the size of the osteonecrotic area...
- Pediatric dental care in a tertiary public hospital. Four years of experience in the Service of Stomatology of Valencia University General Hospital (Valencia, Spain)Rafael Poveda
Hospital General Universitario, Servicio de Estomatologia, Valencia, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E331-5. 2008....
- Mental neuropathy as a manifestation associated with malignant processes: its significance in relation to patient survivalJose Maria Sanchis
Service of Stomatology, Valencia University General Hospital, Valencia University Medical and Dental School, Valencia, Spain
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:995-8. 2008..MN may be the first manifestation of systemic cancer, a symptom of spread of an established tumor, or a sign of infiltration in an intraoral lesion. In any of these cases, the symptom is indicative of a very poor patient prognosis...
- Proliferative verrucous leukoplakia: high incidence of gingival squamous cell carcinomaJose V Bagan
Department of Stomatology, Oral Medicine, University General Hospital, Valencia University, Valencia, Spain
J Oral Pathol Med 32:379-82. 2003....
- An examination of the psychometric structure of the Multidimensional Pain Inventory in temporomandibular disorder patients: a confirmatory factor analysisYolanda Andreu
Department of Personality, Assessment, and Psychological Treatment, University of Valencia, Spain
Head Face Med 2:48. 2006..This paper seeks to analyse the psychometric and structural properties of the Multidimensional Pain Inventory (MPI) in a sample of temporomandibular disorder patients...
- Oral cancer: clinical featuresJose Bagan
Valencia University, Department of Stomatology, University General Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Oral Oncol 46:414-7. 2010..The different diagnosis should be established with other oral malignant diseases such as lymphomas, sarcomas and metastasis, which have rapid growth rates as opposed to the typical OSCC...
- Osteonecrosis of the jaws in patients treated with intravenous bisphosphonates (BRONJ): A concise updateJose Bagan
Valencia University, Valencia, Spain
Oral Oncol 45:551-4. 2009..Prevention is of paramount importance. Management is controversial but there is little evidence basis and the consensus is to be conservative. Recent advances in this area are summarised in this concise review...
- Psychological assessment of patients with temporomandibular disorders: confirmatory analysis of the dimensional structure of the Brief Symptoms Inventory 18Estrella Dura
Department of Personality, Assessment, and Psychological Treatment, Valencia University, Blasco Ibanez 21, Spain
J Psychosom Res 60:365-70. 2006..This article analyzes the psychometric and structural properties of the Brief Symptoms Inventory 18 in a sample of patients with temporomandibular disorders (TMDs), given the convenience of a brief evaluation of distress in these patients...
- Proliferative verrucous leukoplakia: unusual locations of oral squamous cell carcinomas, and field cancerization as shown by the appearance of multiple OSCCsJose V Bagan
Valencia University, Chairman Service of Stomatology, University General Hospital, C Jativa 6 pta 9, Valencia 46002, Spain
Oral Oncol 40:440-3. 2004..The OSCC in PVL patients were at sites quite uncommonly affected in patients who develop OSCC in the absence of PVL...