Jose M Jimenez-Lopez
Affiliation: University of Granada
- Alterations in the homeostasis of phospholipids and cholesterol by antitumor alkylphospholipidsJose M Jimenez-Lopez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Faculty of Sciences, University of Granada, Av, Fuentenueva s n, Granada, Spain
Lipids Health Dis 9:33. 2010..Alkylphospholipid-induced alterations in lipid homeostasis with probable disturbance of the native membrane structure could well affect signaling processes vital to cell survival and growth...
- Synergistic toxicity induced by prolonged glutathione depletion and inhibition of nuclear factor-kappaB signaling in liver cellsJose M Jimenez-Lopez
Department of Pharmacology and Systems Therapeutics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 22:106-15. 2008..In summary, inhibition of NF-kappaB sensitizes liver cells to toxicity linked to GSH depletion, probably accelerating the processes of thiol homeostasis deregulation and induction of apoptosis through a mechanism mediated by p38 MAPK...
- Green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate protects HepG2 cells against CYP2E1-dependent toxicityJose M Jimenez-Lopez
Department of Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 36:359-70. 2004....
- Hexadecylphosphocholine interferes with the intracellular transport of cholesterol in HepG2 cellsMaría P Carrasco
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Faculty of Sciences, University of Granada, Avenida Fuentenueva s n, Granada, Spain
FEBS J 275:1675-86. 2008....
- Protein kinase C signaling as a survival pathway against CYP2E1-derived oxidative stress and toxicity in HepG2 cellsJose M Jimenez-Lopez
Department of Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Box 1603, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L. Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:998-1006. 2005..In conclusion, PKC activation by TPA prevents CYP2E1-derived acute oxidative stress and toxicity in HepG2 cells, and this appears to involve maintenance of the intracellular redox homeostasis via PKC signal transduction...
- CYP2E1-dependent oxidative stress and toxicity: role in ethanol-induced liver injuryJose M Jimenez-Lopez
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, New York, NY 10029, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 1:671-85. 2005..Future directions, which may help to better understand the actions of CYP2E1 and its role in alcoholic liver injury, are suggested...