Affiliation: University of Barcelona
- Review article: albumin for circulatory support in patients with cirrhosisP Gines
Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:24-31. 2002..By contrast, the administration of albumin without vasoconstrictors has marginal or no effects on renal function in this setting...
- [Role of albumin in the treatment of hepatorenal syndrome in cirrhosis]P Gines
Unidad de Hepatologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 28:80-4. 2005
- Review article: pharmacological treatment of hepatorenal syndromeP Gines
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi Sunyer, Instituto Reina Sofia de Investigacion Nefrologica, Barcelona, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:57-62; discussion 63-4. 2004..Finally, treatment of patients with HRS with terlipressin before transplantation seems to improve post-transplantation outcome...
- Management of cirrhosis and ascitesPere Gines
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic and University of Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
N Engl J Med 350:1646-54. 2004
- Hepatorenal syndromePere Gines
Liver Unit, Hospital Cli nic, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi Sunyer, University of Barcelona School of Medicine, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
Lancet 362:1819-27. 2003..Although these findings need to be confirmed, these two strategies represent innovative approaches to lower the frequency of HRS in clinical practice...
- Renal and neurohormonal changes following simultaneous administration of systemic vasoconstrictors and dopamine or prostacyclin in cirrhotic patients with hepatorenal syndromeJ Salo
Department of Medicine, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 25:916-23. 1996..The renal effects of the i.v. infusion of norepinephrine plus prostacyclin in patients with hepatorenal syndrome were also assessed...
- Reversibility of hepatorenal syndrome by prolonged administration of ornipressin and plasma volume expansionM Guevara
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, University of Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
Hepatology 27:35-41. 1998....
- A prognostic model for predicting survival in cirrhosis with ascitesG Fernandez-Esparrach
Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 34:46-52. 2001..The aim of the current study was to develop a prognostic model to estimate survival of patients with cirrhosis and ascites...
- [Consensus document on the treatment of ascites, dilutional hyponatremia and hepatorenal syndrome in liver cirrhosis]P Gines
Servei d Hepatologia, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:535-44. 2004
- Randomized trial comparing albumin, dextran 70, and polygeline in cirrhotic patients with ascites treated by paracentesisA Gines
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 111:1002-10. 1996..This study investigated the clinical importance of paracentesis-induced-circulatory dysfunction and compared the efficacy of albumin, dextran 70, and polygeline in preventing this complication...
- Altered biosynthesis of leukotrienes and lipoxins and host defense disorders in patients with cirrhosis and ascitesJ Claria
DNA Unit, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 115:147-56. 1998..The aim of this study was to investigate the lipoxygenase pathway of arachidonic acid metabolism and its influence in leukocyte trafficking in patients with cirrhosis and ascites...
- Renal failure after upper gastrointestinal bleeding in cirrhosis: incidence, clinical course, predictive factors, and short-term prognosisA Cardenas
Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 34:671-6. 2001..Renal failure is a strong predictor of mortality in patients with cirrhosis and gastrointestinal bleeding...
- Pathogenesis and treatment of fluid and electrolyte imbalance in cirrhosisA Cardenas
Hospital Clinic, Barcelona and the University of Barcelona School of Medicine, Barcelona, Spain
Semin Nephrol 21:308-16. 2001..Likewise, the description of predictive factors for the survival of patients with cirrhosis has been of major importance for the identification of patients candidates for liver transplantation...
- Clinical trial: short-term effects of combination of satavaptan, a selective vasopressin V2 receptor antagonist, and diuretics on ascites in patients with cirrhosis without hyponatraemia--a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyP Gines
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomédiques August Pi Sunyer IDIBAPS, CIBER de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas CIBEREHD, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31:834-45. 2010..There is little information on the effects of vaptans in patients with cirrhosis...
- Combined liver-kidney transplantation in patients with cirrhosis and chronic kidney diseaseM E Baccaro
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomédiques August Pi Sunyer IDIBAPS, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red de Enfermedades Hepaticas y Digestivas CIBERehd, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:2356-63. 2010..However, 3-year survival of patients with cirrhosis treated with CLKT is excellent...
- Human hepatic stellate cells secrete adrenomedullin: potential autocrine factor in the regulation of cell contractilityM N Görbig
Institute of Digestive Diseases, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi Sunyer, University of Barcelona School of Medicine, Catalonia, Spain
J Hepatol 34:222-9. 2001..It is unknown whether human HSCs have receptors for and are able to synthesize the vasodilator peptide adrenomedullin (ADM), a peptide produced by most contractile cells...