Affiliation: University of Valencia
- Direct sequencing of Legionella pneumophila from respiratory samples for sequence-based typing analysisMireia Coscollá
Institut Cavanilles de Biodiversitat i Biologia Evolutiva, University of Valencia, Apartado Oficial 22085, Valencia 46071, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 47:2901-5. 2009....
- Legionellosis outbreak associated with asphalt paving machine, Spain, 2009Mireia Coscollá
Universidad de Valencia Instituto Cavanilles de Biodiversidad y Biologia Evolutiva, Valencia, Spain
Emerg Infect Dis 16:1381-7. 2010..As opposed to other machines used for street cleaning, the responsible milling machine used water from a natural spring. When the operation of this machine was prohibited and cleaning measures were adopted, infections ceased...
- Comparison of clinical and environmental samples of Legionella pneumophila at the nucleotide sequence levelMireia Coscollá
Instituto Cavanilles de Biodiversidad y Biologia Evolutiva, Universidad de Valencia, Apartado Oficial 22085, 46071 Valencia, Spain
Infect Genet Evol 9:882-8. 2009..The comparison of each individual gene tree with the others revealed several cases of incongruence involving samples from both origins, thus suggesting the presence of recombination in the two groups...
- Genetic Characterization of Legionella pneumophila Isolated from a Common Watershed in Comunidad Valenciana, SpainLeonor Sánchez-Busó
Genomics and Health Joint Unit CSISP, FISABIO University of Valencia Cavanilles Institute, Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e61564. 2013....
- Quantifying nonvertical inheritance in the evolution of Legionella pneumophilaMireia Coscollá
Unidad Mixta de Investigación Genómica y Salud CSISP UV Institut Cavanilles de Biodiversitat i Biologia Evolutiva, Valencia, Spain
Mol Biol Evol 28:985-1001. 2011..Phylogenetic proximity and increased chances resulting from sharing the ecological niche provided by the amoeba host have likely had a major influence on the rate of gene exchange in Legionella...
- A new method for extracting skin microbes allows metagenomic analysis of whole-deep skinMarc García-Garcerà
Institut de Biologia Evolutiva CSIC Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain Joint Research Unit on Genomics and Health, Centre for Public Health Research CSISP and Cavanilles Institute for Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e74914. 2013..Our method paves the way for the development of skin metagenomics, which will allow a much deeper knowledge of the skin microbiome and its relationship with the host, both in a healthy state and in relation to disease. ..
- Out-of-Africa migration and Neolithic coexpansion of Mycobacterium tuberculosis with modern humansIñaki Comas
1 Genomics and Health Unit, Centre for Public Health Research CSISP FISABIO, Valencia, Spain 2 CIBER Centros de Investigación Biomédica en Red in Epidemiology and Public Health, Barcelona, Spain
Nat Genet 45:1176-82. 2013..This long coevolutionary history is consistent with MTBC displaying characteristics indicative of adaptation to both low and high host densities. ..