Affiliation: University of the Basque Country
- Unidimensional 12-item Zarit Caregiver Burden Interview for the assessment of dementia caregivers' burden obtained by item response theoryJavier Ballesteros
Department of Neuroscience Psychiatry, Medical School, University of the Basque Country, UPV EHU, Leioa, Spain
Value Health 15:1141-7. 2012..To develop a one-dimensional version of the 22-item Zarit Caregiver Burden Interview (ZBI) by applying item response theory approaches...
- Number of prior episodes and the presence of depressive symptoms are associated with longer length of stay for patients with acute manic episodesManuel Martín-Carrasco
AstraZeneca Medical Department, Madrid, Spain
Ann Gen Psychiatry 11:7. 2012..abstract:..
- Systematic review of pharmacological treatments in fragile X syndromeJose Ramon Rueda
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of the Basque Country, Barrio Sarriena s n, Leioa 48940, Spain
BMC Neurol 9:53. 2009..Several pharmacological interventions have been proposed to treat those impairments...
- Sensitivity to change, discriminative performance, and cutoff criteria to define remission for embedded short scales of the Hamilton depression rating scale (HAMD)Javier Ballesteros
University of the Basque Country, UPV EHU, Department of Neuroscience Psychiatry, Leioa, Spain
J Affect Disord 102:93-9. 2007..To overcome these limitations several short scales have been devised but they have had limited use. We compared the performance of five HAMD short scales and their parental 17-item HAMD on sensitivity to change and discriminative power...
- The effectiveness of donepezil for cognitive rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury: a systematic reviewJavier Ballesteros
Department of Neuroscience, Area of Psychiatry, University of the Basque Country, Barrio Sarriena, Leioa, Spain
J Head Trauma Rehabil 23:171-80. 2008
- Specific binding of [3H]Ro 19-6327 (lazabemide) to monoamine oxidase B is increased in frontal cortex of suicide victims after controlling for age at deathJavier Ballesteros
University of the Basque Country, Department of Neuroscience, Barrio Sarriena s n, 48940 Leioa, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:55-61. 2008..01) as main explanatory variables for the variability of MAO-B density. Suicide victims had >30% more binding sites for lazabemide than controls. Contrary to previous reports, MAO-B density seems to increase in suicide victims...
- Brief interventions for hazardous drinkers delivered in primary care are equally effective in men and womenJavier Ballesteros
Universidad del Pais Vasco, Dpto Neurociencias, Leioa, Spain
Addiction 99:103-8. 2004..Despite the accumulated evidence on the efficacy of brief interventions in hazardous drinkers some ambiguity remains regarding their differential effectiveness by gender...
- Efficacy of brief interventions for hazardous drinkers in primary care: systematic review and meta-analysesJavier Ballesteros
Universidad del Pais Vasco, Facultad de Medicina, Departamento de Neurociencias, Psicología Médica y Psiquiatría, Leioa, Spain
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:608-18. 2004....
- An independent meta-analysis using summary data for clinical response, remission, and discontinuation for any reason from the 6 pivotal phase III randomized clinical trials of duloxetine in major depressive disorderJavier Ballesteros
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:219-21. 2007
- Dimensions of mania: differences between mixed and pure episodesAna Gonzalez-Pinto
Hospital Santiago Psychiatric Department Vitoria, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 19:307-10. 2004..The presence of at least five dimensions in mania has recently been established. This study extends previous findings by comparing the dimensions of pure vs. mixed mania...
- Outcome of memory rehabilitation in traumatic brain injury assessed by neuropsychological tests and questionnairesJose Ignacio Quemada
Servicio de Daño Cerebral, Hospital Aita Menni, Bilbao, Spain
J Head Trauma Rehabil 18:532-40. 2003..To evaluate the effectiveness of a memory rehabilitation program. To compare different outcome measures...
- [A comparative psychometric study of the Spanish versions with 6, 17, and 21 items of the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale]Julio Bobes
Area de Psiquiatría Facultad de Medicina Universidad de Oviedo Oviedo España
Med Clin (Barc) 120:693-700. 2003..This study compares the psychometric properties of the Spanish version of HDRS with 6, 17 and 21 items as assessed in depressive patients in ambulatory care...