Affiliation: University of Navarra
- Peutz-Jeghers syndrome and duodeno-jejunal adenocarcinoma--therapeutic implicationsJ A Cienfuegos
Departments of General Surgery, Digestive Diseases, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 101:875-9. 2009..A critical review, molecular alterations and the established criteria of tumor screening and surveillance are reviewed...
- [Orthotopic liver transplantation in polycystic liver disease]Jorge Arredondo
Departamento de Cirugia General, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, España Electronic address
Cir Esp 91:659-63. 2013..It is also difficult to determine the priority on the waiting list using the Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD)...
- Preliminary outcome of a treatment strategy based on perioperative chemotherapy and surgery in patients with locally advanced colon cancerJ Arredondo
Department of General Surgery, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Navarra, Spain
Colorectal Dis 15:552-7. 2013..The study evaluates the outcome and treatment-related complications of perioperative oxaliplatin- and capecitabine-based chemotherapy and surgery for clinical Stage III colon cancer...
- [DIEP flap reconstruction after palliative curettage mastectomy in locally advanced breast cancer]J Arredondo
Departamento de Cirugia General, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona
An Sist Sanit Navar 36:141-4. 2013..Curettage mastectomy is indicated as a palliative treatment in locally advanced breast cancer. We present our experience with the use of a DIEP flap reconstruction following extensive mastectomy...
- [A case-control study of extracorporeal versus intracorporeal anastomosis in patients subjected to right laparoscopic hemicolectomy]Jorge Arredondo Chaves
Departamento de Cirugia General, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Espana
Cir Esp 89:24-30. 2011..The objective of the present study is to determine whether there are differences to compare in both techniques...
- Prognosis factors for recurrence in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer preoperatively treated with chemoradiotherapy and adjuvant chemotherapyJorge Arredondo
Department of General Surgery, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Dis Colon Rectum 56:416-21. 2013..Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy followed by total mesorectal excision has improved the outcome of locally advanced rectal carcinoma...
- Impact of perineural and lymphovascular invasion on oncological outcomes in rectal cancer treated with neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy and surgeryJ A Cienfuegos
Department of General Surgery, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Ann Surg Oncol 22:916-23. 2015....
- Efficacy of laparoscopic approach in the management of early liver transplant complicationsN Pedano
General Surgery Department, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Transplant Proc 44:1560-1. 2012..In addition to these benefits, the laparoscopic approach causes less tissue injury and consequently evokes a minor innate immune response...
- Is the cleft lift procedure for non-acute sacrococcygeal pilonidal disease a definitive treatment? Long-term outcomes in 74 patientsP M Ortega
Department of General Surgery, University Clinic of Navarra, University of Navarra, Avda Pio XII 36, 31008, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Surg Today 44:2318-23. 2014..We herein report the short-term and long-term outcomes of 74 consecutive patients who underwent the cleft lift procedure for non-acute pilonidal disease...
- The celiac axis compression syndrome (CACS): critical review in the laparoscopic eraJavier A-Cienfuegos
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 102:193-201. 2010..With the occasion of our own experience, a critical review of the syndrome is presented...
- Solid pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas (SPPT). Still an unsolved enigmaJ A-Cienfuegos
Department of General Surgery, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Av Pío XII no 36, Pamplona, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 102:722-8. 2010..The current review of the literature reports roughly 800 cases since the first report in 1959, and shows the enigmatic character of this tumor regarding the cellular origin, molecular pathways, prognostic factors and clinical behavior...