- Effects of Exercise and/or Diet Programs on Kinanthropometric and Metabolic Parameters in Obese Children: a Pilot StudyJose M Saavedra
Facultad de Ciencias del Deporte AFIDES Research Group Universidad de Extremadura, Spain
J Hum Kinet 29:67-78. 2011..Also, this combined program was more effective in controlling weight than the exercise or low calorie diet interventions alone...
- Influence of a medium-impact aquaerobic program on health-related quality of life and fitness level in healthy adult femalesJ M Saavedra
AFIDES Research Group, University of Extremadura, Caceres, Spain
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 47:468-74. 2007..The aim of the study was to examine the influence of a medium-impact aquaerobic program on the health-related quality of life (HRQoL) and health-related fitness (HRF) level of middle-aged healthy female subjects...
- Relationship between health-related fitness and educational and income levels in Spanish womenJose M Saavedra
AFIDES Research Group, Facultad de Ciencias del Deporte, Universidad de Extremadura Spain
Public Health 122:794-800. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether a relationship exists between health-related fitness, taken as an indicator of regular physical activity, and educational and income levels in adult Spanish women...
- Improvement of aerobic fitness in obese children: a meta-analysisJose M Saavedra
Universidad de Extremadura, Facultad de Ciencias del Deporte, AFIDES Research Group, Spain
Int J Pediatr Obes 6:169-77. 2011....
- A 12-year analysis of pacing strategies in 200- and 400-m individual medley in international swimming competitionsJose M Saavedra
Faculty of Sport Sciences, AFIDES Research Group, University of Extremadura, Extremadura, Spain
J Strength Cond Res 26:3289-96. 2012..The practical application of the study is that it suggests the need for a differentiated approach in training men and women individual medley swimmers...