Affiliation: Universitat de Barcelona
- Role of interactions in pharmacogenetic studies: leukotrienes in asthmaMarc Via
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics 14:923-9. 2013..Genes and drugs act at different orders of interaction (from individual effects to gene-gene-drug-drug interactions) and population-specific effects have to be considered. These results may be extrapolated to other complex phenotypes...
- History shaped the geographic distribution of genomic admixture on the island of Puerto RicoMarc Via
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16513. 2011..More generally, our results demonstrate the importance of incorporating social and geographic data with genetics when studying contemporary admixed populations...
- Admixture mapping identifies a locus on 6q25 associated with breast cancer risk in US LatinasLaura Fejerman
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Institute for Human Genetics and Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:1907-17. 2012..Fine-mapping within the 6q25 and possibly the 11p15 loci will lead to the discovery of the biologically functional variant/s behind this association...
- Ancestry-related assortative mating in Latino populationsNeil Risch
Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Genome Biol 10:R132. 2009..While spouse correlations have been documented for numerous traits, no prior studies have assessed assortative mating for genetic ancestry in admixed populations...
- Cosmopolitan and ethnic-specific replication of genetic risk factors for asthma in 2 Latino populationsJoshua M Galanter
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 2911, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 128:37-43.e12. 2011..We sought to examine the possibility that population-specific genetic risks contribute to this disparity...
- Augmentation of bronchodilator responsiveness by leukotriene modifiers in Puerto Rican and Mexican childrenHaig Tcheurekdjian
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 102:510-7. 2009..Ethnic-specific interactions between different asthma medications are not well described...
- Development of a panel of genome-wide ancestry informative markers to study admixture throughout the AmericasJoshua Mark Galanter
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002554. 2012....