Josep Antoni Tur
Affiliation: Universitat de les Illes Balears
- Galarregui C, Zulet M, Cantero I, Marín Alejandre B, Monreal J, Elorz M, et al. Interplay of Glycemic Index, Glycemic Load, and Dietary Antioxidant Capacity with Insulin Resistance in Subjects with a Cardiometabolic Risk Profile. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..This data reinforces the concept that dietary TAC, GI, and GL are potential markers of diet quality, which have an impact on the susceptible population with a cardiometabolic risk profile. ..
- Busquets Cortés C, Capó X, Bibiloni M, Martorell M, Ferrer M, Argelich E, et al. Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells Antioxidant Adaptations to Regular Physical Activity in Elderly People. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..proteins. Active lifestyle and daily activities exert beneficial effects on body composition and it enhances the antioxidant defenses and oxidative metabolism capabilities in PBMCs from healthy elderly. ..
- Sayon Orea C, Santiago S, Bes Rastrollo M, Martinez Gonzalez M, Pastor M, Moreno Aliaga M, et al. Determinants of Self-Rated Health Perception in a Sample of a Physically Active Population: PLENUFAR VI Study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15: pubmed publisher..Activities like jogging, gymnastics, biking, and track and field, and a higher consumption of fruits, vegetables and fish, were associated with better health rated perception. ..
- Ozen A, Bibiloni M, Bouzas C, Pons A, Tur J. Beverage Consumption among Adults in the Balearic Islands: Association with Total Water and Energy Intake. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..These findings may be used to develop effective, healthy eating and drinking policies and campaigns. ..
- Bibiloni M, Vidal Garcia E, Carrasco M, Julibert A, Pons A, Tur Marí J. Hydration habits before, during and after training and competition days among amateur basketball players. Nutr Hosp. 2018;35:612-619 pubmed publisher..most amateur basketball players drink before, during and after exercise on both training and competition days, but not all of them complied with the hydration recommendations. ..
- Coll J, Del Mar Bibiloni M, Salas R, Pons A, Tur J. The prevalence of excessive weight in Balearic Islands' young and middle-aged women and its association with social and socioeconomic factors: a ten-year trend (2000-2010). BMC Public Health. 2015;15:837 pubmed publisher..Overweight/obesity increased in young women with unemployment being the distinguishing socioeconomic factor associated with this increase. ..
- Sureda A, Bibiloni M, Julibert A, Bouzas C, Argelich E, Llompart I, et al. Adherence to the Mediterranean Diet and Inflammatory Markers. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..Low adherence to the Mediterranean dietary pattern (MDP) is directly associated with a worse profile of plasmatic inflammation markers. ..
- Pastor R, Bibiloni M, Tur Marí J. [Food consumption patterns among university students in Zamora]. Nutr Hosp. 2017;34:1424-1431 pubmed publisher..The factor analysis shows a sample adequacy measure (KMO) of 0.615. The university students of Zamora are in nutritional transition, with a diet that moves away from the recommendations of the Mediterranean Diet. ..
- Bibiloni M, Fernández Blanco J, Pujol Plana N, Martín Galindo N, Fernández Vallejo M, Roca Domingo M, et al. [Improving diet quality in children through a new nutritional education programme: INFADIMED]. Gac Sanit. 2017;31:472-477 pubmed publisher..08; 95% confidence interval: 2.37-7.04). INFADIMED is a nutritional education programme with benefits on both diet quality and overweight and obesity prevalence among children. ..
- Bibiloni M, Coll J, Pich J, Pons A, Tur J. Body image satisfaction and weight concerns among a Mediterranean adult population. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:39 pubmed publisher..Practice of physical activity is a positive factor in self-perception. Holistic strategies are needed to avoid promoting unreal bodies, as well as the acceptance of the real body image. ..
- Zapata M, Bibiloni M, Tur J. Prevalence of overweight, obesity, abdominal-obesity and short stature of adult population of Rosario, Argentina. Nutr Hosp. 2016;33:580 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of short stature was higher in women (16.4% vs. 8.4%, p < 0.001) and was related with age, overweight and abdominal obesity. ..
- Bibiloni M, Ozen A, Pons A, Gonzalez Gross M, Tur J. Physical Activity and Beverage Consumption among Adolescents. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed publisher..PA behavior should be considered when analyzing beverage consumption in adolescents. ..
- Bibiloni M, Julibert A, Argelich E, Aparicio Ugarriza R, Palacios G, Pons A, et al. Western and Mediterranean Dietary Patterns and Physical Activity and Fitness among Spanish Older Adults. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..WDP is associated with slower gait speed and lower body strength, agility and aerobic endurance. MDP has protective effect on healthy physical fitness, and WDP may be a contributor to frailty. ..
- Capó X, Martorell M, Sureda A, Riera J, Drobnic F, Tur J, et al. Effects of Almond- and Olive Oil-Based Docosahexaenoic- and Vitamin E-Enriched Beverage Dietary Supplementation on Inflammation Associated to Exercise and Age. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed..The functional beverage supplementation to young athletes enhances a pro-inflammatory circulating environment in response to the exercise that was less evident in the senior group. ..
- Bibiloni M, GonzÃ¡lez M, Julibert A, Llompart I, Pons A, Tur J. Ten-Year Trends (1999-2010) of Adherence to the Mediterranean Diet among the Balearic Islands' Adult Population. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..The adherence to the MDP has been stabilized and slightly recovered among the Balearic Islands' adult population in the last decade. ..
- Bibiloni M, Fernández Blanco J, Pujol Plana N, Surià Sonet S, Pujol Puyané M, Mercadé Fuentes S, et al. [Reversion of overweight and obesity in Vilafranca del Penedès child population: ACTIVA'T Program (2012)]. Gac Sanit. 2019;33:197-202 pubmed publisher..1% to 27.5% in the control group. The program ACTIVA'T (nutritional education and physical activity promotion) improves the quality of diet and reverses the prevalence of overweight and obesity in the underactive child population. ..