Affiliation: Universitat de Lleida
- Thyroid status modulates glycoxidative and lipoxidative modification of tissue proteinsR Pamplona
Metabolic Physiopathology Research Group, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lleida, Spain
Free Radic Biol Med 27:901-10. 1999....
- Diabetes induces an impairment in the proteolytic activity against oxidized proteins and a heterogeneous effect in nonenzymatic protein modifications in the cytosol of rat liver and kidneyM Portero-Otin
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Lleida, Spain
Diabetes 48:2215-20. 1999....
- Correlation of fatty acid unsaturation of the major liver mitochondrial phospholipid classes in mammals to their maximum life span potentialM Portero-Otin
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lleida, Spain
Lipids 36:491-8. 2001....
- Membrane fatty acid unsaturation, protection against oxidative stress, and maximum life span: a homeoviscous-longevity adaptation?Reinald Pamplona
Metabolic Physiopathology Research Group, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lleida, Lleida 25198, Spain
Ann N Y Acad Sci 959:475-90. 2002..Here, the physiological meaning of these findings and the effects of experimental manipulations such as dietary stress, caloric restriction, and endocrine control in relation to aging and longevity are discussed...
- Advanced glycation end product precursors impair epidermal growth factor receptor signalingManuel Portero-Otin
Metabolic Pathophysiology Research Group, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Lleida, Lleida, Spain
Diabetes 51:1535-42. 2002..These data introduce a novel mechanism for impaired cellular homeostasis in situations that lead to increased production of these reactive aldehydes, such as diabetes...
- Protein modification by advanced Maillard adducts can be modulated by dietary polyunsaturated fatty acidsM Portero-Otin
Dept Ciències Mèdiques Bàsiques, Universitat de Lleida, Avda Rovira Roure 44, 25198 Lleida, Catalonia, Spain
Biochem Soc Trans 31:1403-5. 2003..g. by modulation of the concentration of glycolysis intermediates or via specific defensive systems in these organs...
- Heart fatty acid unsaturation and lipid peroxidation, and aging rate, are lower in the canary and the parakeet than in the mouseR Pamplona
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Lleida University, Spain
Aging (Milano) 11:44-9. 1999....
- Impaired mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation in the peroxisomal disease X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyJ López-Erauskin
Neurometabolic Diseases Laboratory, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 22:3296-305. 2013..These findings may be of relevance for patient management while unveiling novel therapeutic targets for X-ALD. ..
- Atherosclerosis prevention by nutritional factors: a meta-analysis in small animal modelsM Jove
Department of Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Universitat de Lleida IRBLLEIDA, 25198 Lleida, Spain
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 23:84-93. 2013..e. less than 2% of diet) with potential antiatherogenic properties in mice, rabbits and hamsters, and compared the outcomes with those obtained in humans...